• Replies 25
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Cam Cameron - They Say- Capri red label EX+ £150

This is a £70 record tops were some people get their prices from staggers me sometimes.

It's not even mint.

Social source share

This is a £70 record tops were some people get their prices from staggers me sometimes.

It's not even mint.

whether is worth £150 or £70, is subjective surely, neither are right and neither are wrong, if the seller wants £150 and the buyer is happy to pay that, end of story. :shades:

SHEEP

Social source share

It's not even mint.

I got the prices from a well known person Ithought we had topics before where i was said commenting on other peoples prices was a no no . May i recomend you keep your comments to your bloody self

Social source share

whether is worth £150 or £70, is subjective surely, neither are right and neither are wrong, if the seller wants £150 and the buyer is happy to pay that, end of story. :shhh:

SHEEP

:shades: Agree 100%, I am one whose jaw drops at some of the prices lately however there is no point in slagging off if, as said, the seller and buyer are happy with the deal. Besides I'm selling off a load of Northern soon and I'll be trying to get the best price I can - simple economics.

Social source share

I SOLD MY REGGIE SOUL MINTER FOR 60 FEW WEEKS AGO.I ONLY PAID 10 FOR IT.SO IM HAPPY & THE BUYER WAS HAPPY.

EVERY ONE COULD OF BOUGHT CAN CAMERON 8YEAR AGO FOR 20 OFF ANY DEALER.THEM IN THE KNOW NEW IT WAS GOING ON TO BIGGER & BETTER THINGS.I LEFT IT TO LATE & DIDNT GET ONE,MY M8S DID.

WHAT IM TRYIN TO SAY IS,YOU PAY THE PRICE IF YOU WANT IT,YOU DONT IF YOU DONT.EASY

Social source share

I SOLD MY REGGIE SOUL MINTER FOR 60 FEW WEEKS AGO.I ONLY PAID 10 FOR IT.SO IM HAPPY & THE BUYER WAS HAPPY.

EVERY ONE COULD OF BOUGHT CAN CAMERON 8YEAR AGO FOR 20 OFF ANY DEALER.THEM IN THE KNOW NEW IT WAS GOING ON TO BIGGER & BETTER THINGS.I LEFT IT TO LATE & DIDNT GET ONE,MY M8S DID.

WHAT IM TRYIN TO SAY IS,YOU PAY THE PRICE IF YOU WANT IT,YOU DONT IF YOU DONT.EASY

Totally agree with you on all points, I bought Cam Cameron in the mid-90's and was sure it was going to become in-demand, and yes, you want it? You'll pay whatever to get it, thing is there are people on this forum who regularly gripe about who paid so much for certain records, especially around auction results time, calling them silly b*****s and all sorts beacause they paid over the odds, as you say, you want it? You pay whatever - simple as....
Social source share

It's not even mint.

Fully agree mate :shades: , these are dealer prices and then some. Reaction of others confirms this and it is a shame.

That said, the market is a free one and if a seller wants to over price items he can, it is then up to the buyer to determine if they want to pay it. Me - I'll look elsewhere thanks.

Cheers,

J.

Social source share

i asked mick smith about a timi yuro on liberty,he said id have to pay the going rate

mountainboyblue just sold one for a grand!! i think mick got over 800 for one on ebay

and i saw one go for 700+ ive just picked one up for £???? im happy with the price.

ITS ONLY WORTH WHAT YOU ARE PREPARED TO PAY !!!! :shades:

Social source share

I got the prices from a well known person Ithought we had topics before where i was said commenting on other peoples prices was a no no . May i recomend you keep your comments to your bloody self

I agree, I think it's ignorant to make comments about peoples prices. No one is forcing you to buy the record. We all want to buy cheap and sell for top dollar, it's human nature. Or maybe the seller has paid top dollar for the record himself. If you think the price is too high, just ignore it. If the 45 is over priced it won't sell.

Social source share

Fully agree mate :thumbsup: , these are dealer prices and then some. Reaction of others confirms this and it is a shame.

That said, the market is a free one and if a seller wants to over price items he can, it is then up to the buyer to determine if they want to pay it. Me - I'll look elsewhere thanks.

Cheers,

J.

politelty keep your nose out of it John they are dealer prices full stop no more no less and 2 are already sold, why should i let my records go for prices that suit you iam sure you would not let yours go

Ted

Social source share

politelty keep your nose out of it John they are dealer prices full stop no more no less and 2 are already sold, why should i let my records go for prices that suit you iam sure you would not let yours go

Ted

This is a public forum. I shall comment on whatever I like - as have others. Discussion on record prices has always been central to "the scene" and always will be. I don't see why we should stop that just to suit you.

If people want to buy at your prices fair enough, as I said, it is a free market. Others clearly do not.

John.

Social source share

Guest Baz

This is a public forum. I shall comment on whatever I like - as have others. Discussion on record prices has always been central to "the scene" and always will be. I don't see why we should stop that just to suit you.

If people want to buy at your prices fair enough, as I said, it is a free market. Others clearly do not.

John.

To be fair John, i think commenting on peoples prices on there sales thread is out of order (I comment on prices all the time) but to do it on someones list is no differnt satnding next to a dealer at a venue and constently shouting at the top of your voice how overpriced the record is! yes its a public forum and your free to say what you like but there needs to be some form of 'respect' for some one selling, :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Dan

it is a public forum but i think we've decided on here before (moderator-wise) that we don't want people to comment on other people's sales posts in this way.

it just ends up causing problems and it's such a subjective thing, value. essentially everyone's got an opinion but none of them are any more valid than anyone else's. the only thing that counts is if someone wants to pay the asking price.

i think the final decision was:

1) anyone can ask any price they like for anything. if you think it's too expensive, don't buy it.

2) if you do want to discuss record values do it on a separate thread in all about the soul/look at your box.

can't find the original post about this so feel free to take it up with moderators of this particular section (in case policy has changed and i've missed it, which could be the case).

cheers all :thumbsup:

Social source share

i think the final decision was:

1) anyone can ask any price they like for anything. if you think it's too expensive, don't buy it.

2) if you do want to discuss record values do it on a separate thread in all about the soul/look at your box.

I totally agree that negative comments re someones prices posted on a sales thread is out of order.

If you think something is overpriced simply leave it there for someone 'less wise' to buy.

Social source share

To be fair John, i think commenting on peoples prices on there sales thread is out of order (I comment on prices all the time) but to do it on someones list is no differnt satnding next to a dealer at a venue and constently shouting at the top of your voice how overpriced the record is! yes its a public forum and your free to say what you like but there needs to be some form of 'respect' for some one selling, :thumbsup:

Fair comment Baz, your analogy of "standing next to dealer and shouting" makes a great deal of sense and is well put - thank you. Ted, I apologise for my comments.

There does need to be some way to comment though - at an event these discussions go on all the time, albeit away from the dealers. This would have the benefit of advising those who are unsure about prices - be they buyers or sellers. Like you I frequently get asked about prices and I am usually voiciferous if I think they are unfair. Remember too, I wasn't the only person to comment on this particular thread.

So, what I am saying is sorry but then again I am saying that comment should be freely given. If it is "policy" it should be re-thought.

Talking myself in circles so I'm gonna light a cigarette and think about it, but for now - I'll butt out.

John.

Social source share

Guest Dan

There does need to be some way to comment though - at an event these discussions go on all the time, albeit away from the dealers. This would have the benefit of advising those who are unsure about prices - be they buyers or sellers. Like you I frequently get asked about prices and I am usually voiciferous if I think they are unfair. Remember too, I wasn't the only person to comment on this particular thread.

So, what I am saying is sorry but then again I am saying that comment should be freely given. If it is "policy" it should be re-thought.

Talking myself in circles so I'm gonna light a cigarette and think about it, but for now - I'll butt out.

John.

agree that people talk about prices at events john but people say and do all sorts of things off line that aren't ok on forums.

i think the policy is that commenting on prices is fine as long as it's done on a different thread and isn't directly linked to the sale. it just avoids ill feeling.

you almost make the point yourself where you say 'I am usually voiciferous if I think they are unfair.'

the operative word here is 'think' - given that we're talking about grey areas it's just sensible to have a live and let live approach on the sales posts themselves.

not having a pop at anyone by the way.

(sales mods might say this is totally wrong of course but i'm pretty sure this is what was agreed).

Social source share

Fair comment Baz, your analogy of "standing next to dealer and shouting" makes a great deal of sense and is well put - thank you. Ted, I apologise for my comments.

John.

Thanks John

the apology is accepted :thumbsup: at least you have, i have sold the Reggie Soul but i think the first poster :angry: screwed it up for me(will bide my time) Strange how no one commented on the Bonnie Blanchard which i am told is cheap.

Ted

Social source share

Guest Dan

Thanks John

the apology is accepted :yes: at least you have, i have sold the Reggie Soul but i think the first poster :angry: screwed it up for me(will bide my time) Strange how no one commented on the Bonnie Blanchard which i am told is cheap.

Ted

to be fair, ted, here was a post of your own from a few days ago on the billy hambric sales post (where a guy was trying to sell the BH for £250), so maybe forgiving and forgetting is the way forward, rather than biding your time, which smacks a bit of revenge? let he who is without sin etc etc (though probably been guilty myself in the past) :D :

Richie may be its because it was a £5 record not long ago and at last sanity prevails if you've still got one left i will give you £50 and i bet you will make a profit at that :yes:

Social source share

Thanks John

the apology is accepted :yes: at least you have, i have sold the Reggie Soul but i think the first poster :angry: screwed it up for me(will bide my time) Strange how no one commented on the Bonnie Blanchard which i am told is cheap.

Ted

Sods law that Ted...church mice when it's too cheap mate....still we are all guilty of that...scares the shit out of me when i wanna sell something...bugger we should sell them all for 1980's prices...lol

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

to be fair, ted, here was a post of your own from a few days ago on the billy hambric sales post (where a guy was trying to sell the BH for £250), so maybe forgiving and forgetting is the way forward, rather than biding your time, which smacks a bit of revenge? let he who is without sin etc etc (though probably been guilty myself in the past) :yes: :

Richie may be its because it was a £5 record not long ago and at last sanity prevails if you've still got one left i will give you £50 and i bet you will make a profit at that :yes:

knew you might pick that up but i was commenting to Richie and that was after the seller was complaining he had not had any offers. :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!