Ernie Garrett – The Who Who Song – Rare Spanish Barclay

Guest Dani Herranz

Guest Dani Herranz

ERNIE GARRETT —Small town bring down / The who who song — BARCLAY Spain 45

Sticker residue and number in sleeve, and stamp in label, as shown in scan of the actual record for sale. The stamp comes from a Spanish club which had an amazing collection back in the 60/70s, I have at least 20 records from them in my boxes!!!

Vinyl is EX+

30 UK Pounds plus postage in paypal as gift, anyone interested please PM

Recorded in 1968, this 45 was released in Spain only (someone told me that in Germany as well but I have never seen it…), it was produced by Jean Claude Petit, with a distinctive and breath-taking version of Jackie Wilson´s classic “The who who song”.

Have a listen the the youtube video (NOT taken from the actual record for sale), personally I do not think it fits in a Northern/Rare Soul do, but it may go down like a storm in more Funk/Disco/70s…”commercial” (not offense meant) orientated clubs (I used to DJ professionally in some venues of that type, and it always did the job)….in any case, and to stop digressing, a rare record which works well for the dancefloor

The A side, “Small town, bring down”, is a pop/crooner orientated beat ballad in a James Royal, Jack Hammer, etc…style (not so good anyway…). Youtube video NOT taken form record for sale

post-2394-0-69038800-1359281842_thumb.jp

post-2394-0-89467900-1359281849_thumb.jp

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source