georgeblackwell's profile photo

Rarest Ric-Tic Of Them All What`s It Worth

Look At Your Box georgeblackwell

Posted

Tell me about it...wouldn't mind a demo #123...would be nice to add it to these in the picture :D

I know when I was collecting certain labels I often found what was the supposed toughest first and the easiest last :huh: Guess most have a similar story.

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

what about the freddie gorman take me back have not seen many for sale

kev

soul source url
Posted

Single sided Scott's on Swingers (with the blank side) is pretty rare I would say.

Cheers

Richard

soul source url
Posted

You beat me to it Richard,i found this and Rose Batiste 105 as one of the harder ones to find at the time,i wonder how many full sets there are with just the people on here :thumbsup:

Edwin Starr one sided promo..

post-2848-0-12535100-1359829118_thumb.jp

Dave f........

soul source url
Posted (edited)

You beat me to it Richard,i found this and Rose Batiste 105 as one of the harder ones to find at the time,i wonder how many full sets there are with just the people on here :thumbsup:

Edwin Starr one sided promo..

post-2848-0-12535100-1359829118_thumb.jp

Dave f........

Dave - I meant the 'Scott's On Swingers' single sided mate - not 'Agent 00-Soul' - there's a single and double sided version of 'Scott's On Swingers'.

Mind you, the 'Agent 00-Soul' is pretty rare too :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff

soul source url
Posted

Sold my Red Issue of RT 116 - San Remo Golden Strings for £190 - I guess that becomes the bench mark.

Frosty

soul source url
Posted

saw a fantastic four CSLFMB demo in a sales box last night £250 mind

soul source url
Posted

i wish they would do a box set of this label , i have then all on a dodgy cdr set that sound good but would love to hear them all remastered etc

have 31 so far on the original vinyl tho :)

soul source url
Posted

what about the freddie gorman take me back have not seen many for sale

kev

Not that hard really, 2 different label designs too.

soul source url
Posted

Not that hard really, 2 different label designs too.

Yes that was another one around in huge quantities, the pale blue one with the very basic design.

soul source url
Posted

Yes that was another one around in huge quantities, the pale blue one with the very basic design.

Think he means demos Pete - but even those on both labels designs are fairly easily picked up.

Cheers

Richard

soul source url
Guest\
Posted

Always wondered who changed label designs first,from single colour to multicolour.was it Ric Tic or Revilot?Whilst mentioning Revilot, The Parliaments-Don't be sore at me-is considerably harder to obtain than the store stock copy. Chris.

soul source url
Posted

Dave - I meant the 'Scott's On Swingers' single sided mate - not 'Agent 00-Soul' - there's a single and double sided version of 'Scott's On Swingers'.

Mind you, the 'Agent 00-Soul' is pretty rare too :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Yes Richard i know you did mate as i saw your post,i meant you beat me to it as i was going to say about the SOS 45,a good call though :thumbsup:

Dave f..

soul source url
Posted

Always wondered who changed label designs first,from single colour to multicolour.was it Ric Tic or Revilot?Whilst mentioning Revilot, The Parliaments-Don't be sore at me-is considerably harder to obtain than the store stock copy. Chris.

Here`s my copy of The Parliaments RV211 Promo....

post-2848-0-73189900-1359936219_thumb.jp

Dave f......

soul source url
Guest\
Posted

Nice one Dave,got the same myself.Paid quite a lot for it several years ago. Chris.

soul source url
Posted

As I'd imagine most on this thread are aware: Edwin Starr RT120 PROMO sold for $327 last night on Ebay. Bit more than I'd like to pay as it was only VG+ and had tape residue on one side. I'd wager someones reasonably happy though. Definitely much harder than the stocker. The god thing is that's another collector 'out of the mix' now so once everybody has one....I'll get it for peanuts! :lol::thumbsup:

Reference The Parliaments Revilot promo, I had a good result on those just before Christmas. I got three all bundled together. All gone now.

Regards,

Dave

soul source url
Posted

Looks like i got a barain of Brian Proust :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

i picked a mint demo of Rose B off ebay a few years back, nobody bid on it but me at $79.99 ! sold it a few weeks later to a dealer for £300 then a while later i got a beat up issue which is all i wanted to play out off Pete S for £40 i think ?

Would have thought Scots on swingers single sided wdj hardest by a country mile but as Chalky says it's always the one your missing !!

Ian.

soul source url
Posted (edited)

This was gifted to me in Detroit. I am adding it to the thread as there isn’t one on show. Sadly it’s battered and bruised but this song means a lot to me. One of the best ever played on the scene IMO.

56F051C1-2FD3-423F-A74C-6ADF29F4E1DD.jpeg

Edited by David Meikle

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Getting back to the San Remo disc, John Rhys told me that Ed and JoAnne named the musicians as such after a visit to the San Remo Music Festival in Northern Italy...hence the Italian named flip... “Quinto Sei Bella” ie ”How Beautiful You Are”.

Arranged by Mike Terry and Bert Keyes.

Edited by David Meikle
Last sentence

soul source url
Posted
11 hours ago, David Meikle said:

Getting back to the San Remo disc, John Rhys told me that Ed and JoAnne named the musicians as such after a visit to the San Remo Music Festival in Northern Italy...hence the Italian named flip... “Quinto Sei Bella” ie ”How Beautiful You Are”.

Arranged by Mike Terry and Bert Keyes.

San Remo is my favourite place in the world ,my partner and I go there every year in March to watch the Milan -San Remo cycle race.It is a beautiful place,100 percent italian and untouched by time.I have also been to the music festival which is held in February every year,it is the oldest music festival in Italy.Chris. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.