Looking For A Great Dj Case For My 45's (Aluminium Prefered)

Guest modernsoulfox

Guest modernsoulfox

Hey

I am looking to purchase a few dj case to carry some of my 45's with me , I'm looking for one that would carry more or less 50/100 45's , I tried to check on ebay etc but not much there , maybe a keyword problem ,

Let me know if you have a good one that you recommend , I am looking for Aluminium mainly but could change mind ,

let me know about yours!

Cheers

Social source share

Mine is a bespoke case carrying between 450 - 500.

It is Wooden with Metal reinforced corners and a large Heavy Leather carrying strap. It is decorated with Gold Paint that stands out a little when the Light catches it.

Looks great but full of shit records (not really) Lol !!

If you can get one made then I would do so as they are more personal. Look on a stage at some do's and just row after row of sad looking aluminium boxes. A few stickers on them to sexy them up a bit.

There are sites that do Aluminium Boxes but charge between £35 and £50 for carrying up to 50 7" records.

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

i have the swan flight cases, seem pretty decent and not to expensive, real sturdy, had them years and no problems

are heavy if you were thinking of flying with them, but other than that, spot on.

Social source share

Hey

I am looking to purchase a few dj case to carry some of my 45's with me , I'm looking for one that would carry more or less 50/100 45's , I tried to check on ebay etc but not much there , maybe a keyword problem ,

Let me know if you have a good one that you recommend , I am looking for Aluminium mainly but could change mind ,

let me know about yours!

Cheers

These are bomb proof, good locking mech as well!

https://www.swanflight.com/dj-flightcases/dj-record-boxes-flightcases.html

Johnny.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest modernsoulfox

thanks for your replies both looks great , I like these , these are simple but I like the look of it , are these familiar to you ??

I think these are the one I'm looking for

post-6863-0-74173800-1359394925_thumb.jp

Social source share

thanks for your replies both looks great , I like these , these are simple but I like the look of it , are these familiar to you ??

They look nothing like the quality of Swan-flight or Blakka. Check out Swan flights web site, they aren't expensive and when it comes to protecting your expensive vinyl a few extra quid is nothing.

Social source share

Guest modernsoulfox

I see what you mean for sure , it's not a question of price really , I'll have to think about this , maybe getting one swan or blakka for the biggies as it's true that in terms of quality they seem to be the best i've seen yet & the one I've pictured for the cheapos ,

Anyway if someone recognize the one I have enclosed in the picture I would be happy to know where to find them ! :)

Social source share

I see what you mean for sure , it's not a question of price really , I'll have to think about this , maybe getting one swan or blakka for the biggies as it's true that in terms of quality they seem to be the best i've seen yet & the one I've pictured for the cheapos ,

Anyway if someone recognize the one I have enclosed in the picture I would be happy to know where to find them ! :)

I have a Swan, 200 single row, made to order and delivered in three days I think, fantastic flight case.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I wouldn`t recommend these at all ,I Hate to see D,J,s with £1,000s of tunes in these cheap boxes they cost about £35 for a 200 ,I have a few Blaccka boxes that don`t cost that much more but are infinitely better , to think just one half decent tune costs more than the cheapie boxes ,makes it a no brainer for me

WiganBrian .

Social source share

I have a Swan, 200 single row, made to order and delivered in three days I think, fantastic flight case.

...and you can fit a half decent padlock on them too, whereas you can't on some. Just watch the handles if you have young kids as they do snap back a bit when played with, as my youngest discovered last year, bless her! Also stacking them is still a prob mind, with the corner protectors as they are. Brilliant cases and service though.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

They look like the ones you can get from Covers33. They aren't bad, but nowhere near as good as Swanflight. They are ok for storage at home or maybe for dealing, but if you DJ a lot I wouldn't get one.

https://covers33.co.uk/index.php/record/record-storage-cases?p=1

I just noticed they do some retro-vinyl cases now.

Social source share

Look on ebay for 'record boxes' or flight cases there's loads for sale including ones that look very much like the Blackka style ones 100 records capacity at £24.99 + PP there are even ones similar to the style your'e after. If your going to Prestatyn in March there's usually been a guy there selling them as well good luck.

Gaz

Social source share

Guest modernsoulfox

They look like the ones you can get from Covers33. They aren't bad, but nowhere near as good as Swanflight. They are ok for storage at home or maybe for dealing, but if you DJ a lot I wouldn't get one.

https://covers33.co.uk/index.php/record/record-storage-cases?p=1

I just noticed they do some retro-vinyl cases now.

Thanks , yes this seems to be the one !

I will definetily listen to your advices , it really seems like the feedback on Swan & Blakka is undeniable ,

Thanks for your answers !

Social source share

The one you are looking at in the picture look pretty and are fine for storage,they come in silver or black and are light, however if you are going to use them for Dj ing or lugging records about I would advise Swanflight or Blaccka.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!