Rss #1/13 Early Detroit Soul Labels

Marc Forrest

Welcome to my new Rare Soul Sales list #1/2013. New year, new records for sale..so here we go with some tasty early Detroit 45s. Have a look if you are like me and love that early Motorcity sound…first come, first served. Payment via paypal, gifts preferred but only of you is happy and feel comfortable with that. Proper Goldmine grading, so no EX is used. Thanks for looking and please pm if you have any questions or have found sth of interest to you, thanks for looking.

Marv Johnson "žCome To Me“ striped Tamla 101, very rare first ever Motown 45, VG 30 GBP

Eddie Holland “Merry-Go-Round/It Moves Me” striped Tamla 102, very rare second ever Motown 45, VG 30 GBP

Tina Marvel “Promises You Made To Me” Lu-Pine, fab and recommended for DJ`s that like to surprise, M- 25 GBP

Ohio Untouchables “I’m Tired” Lu Pine VG++, feat. Robert Ward on guitar, 25 GBP

Eddie Floyd “A Deed To Your Heart” Lu Pine Black lettered Demo Copy, one of the tougher ones on this label esp. as a Demo, VG++ seen listed at 100GBP, 50 GBP

Walter Hamilton “Nobody But Me / Loosen Up Your Thing” Hi Q my last sales copy of this fabulous doublesider M- , 50 GBP

Mel Anton “What Can I Do” Kable cool early JJ Barnes production on this tiny Detroit label, VG++ , 20 GBP

Bunny Paul “The Gypsy” Dynamic fab and rare early recording of the artist who later on appeared on Gordy Rec. for another 45, SWL, VG++, 25 GBP

The Distants “Come On” Northern classic Temptations record, in fact one of my faves of all time, VG , 10 GBP

Clara Hardy “Touch Of Love/You`re Too Jealous” Jack Pot the first recording by Clara Hardy of Tuna Rec. fame, this is by far rarer..and if you like early Detroit a must have! M- , 35 GBP

Ray Redmond with The Gaylettes “You Don`t Know / You Say You Love Me” Sa-Mo rarity and much rarer than the book price of 400 gbp would indicate, VG+, repaired warp plays now absolutely fine, 150 GBP

Ty Hunter & The Voicemasters “Free” Anna my last sales copy.. M-; 10 GBP

The Fabulous Peps “Speak Your Peace / My Love Looks Good On You” D-Town fab Northern classic, VG+, 20 GBP

Walter Hamilton “Hangin` Around” Contour early Jobete song on this Detroit rarity, connected to Lu Pine and one of Roberts West early labels, VG+; 20 GBP

Delores Maxwell “My Man” Bumble Bee, another early gem on one of them Lu Pine connected Robert West labels, awesome R&B spin, WD, SSOL, VG+, 100 GBP

Miracles “You Can Depend On Me/The Feeling Is So Fine” striped Tamla 54028, early eighties re-issue, 8 GBP

• Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source