Ending On Ebay Tonight But Anyone Know What It Is?

Scotters

Browsing for a few mins just now and spotted this 45 described as an unknown test press with sound clip.

Apart from poor quality and a skip, the actual main track sounds early to mid 70's, not too bad to my ears and even though I'm not bidding (there are bidders) I wondered if anyone on here for next couple hours knows what / who it is? I do know the seller, but as he's in Oz and only 2 hours to go on the sale, unlikely to find out much more just now.

Chorus something like "You were so hard to find, and you blew my mind"? Also a sweet / deep flip some might like.

Thanks, Steve

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

Lost Family: Blow My Mind on International Music Bag or Innovation II, this one shouldn't cost you more then $40 with intact labels. Nice trick by the way, to scratch the labels off and call it unknown

Lost Family Blow My Mind on International

Blimey thanks, that was quick :D:thumbsup:

Appreciate that and proves there's no better place to find out about soul, no matter what time of day or night!

Thanks again. I'll go look for one with a label on! I do know this seller and he's a decent guy who bulk buys lots of different old records and sells on as an when. He would NOT have scratched this label off himself and then tried to pass this on as something "unknown" to make a few bucks. Just wanted to get that on here if anyone is thinking otherwise.

Sorry to anyone here bidding on it :huh::)

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

Sorry Rod / anyone in mods...do I now need to edit title of this post so as not to waste anyone's time looking at it? Or just leave as is for general interest for anyone like me who didn't know this record before just now and might like to know of it? Thanks. Steve

Social source share

Thanks for posting. Do not edit the post, this is information that is useful to other people.

I messaged the seller last night and he was like "I'll update the auction right away". I'm sure many other people also messaged the seller, this is not like some unknown record. And it's not a test press.

Social source share

Guest rushden

Mate you did and the listing was revised with information and thank you for that, by the way i met you in Chicago when i travelled to say THANK YOU to the artists unfortunatly i dont have the knowledge of some you gurus , a problem of having sunshine 24/7 and other detractions. best Johnnyredpants back to the sun

Thanks for posting. Do not edit the post, this is information that is useful to other people.

I messaged the seller last night and he was like "I'll update the auction right away". I'm sure many other people also messaged the seller, this is not like some unknown record. And it's not a test press.

Social source share

Mate you did and the listing was revised with information and thank you for that, by the way i met you in Chicago when i travelled to say THANK YOU to the artists unfortunatly i dont have the knowledge of some you gurus , a problem of having sunshine 24/7 and other detractions. best Johnnyredpants back to the sun

I'm sorry if I slandered you -- where in the listing does it say it's the lost family? I looked before I posted.

Social source share

Guest rushden

MATE I REPORTED YOU BECAUSE WHAT YOU HAVE STATED IS SLANDER!

HERE ARE THE FACTS 3 RESPECTED SOULIES INCLUDING DENNIS LOCATORE WHO PLAYED ON THE SANTIAGO TRACT & ALSO WORKED ON FAT LARRYS BAND WERE SENT 3 TRACKS I HAD NO IDEA WHO THEY WERE A WEEK BEFORE BEFORE I EBAYED THEM . MY EBAY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF ! KARMA IS A WORD I FOLLOW . HAVING ATTENDED 3 SOUL TRIPS USA TO MEET THE ARTISTS I RESPECT , DEFAMING THERE WORK IS A TOTAL NO NO !

COULD YOU PM ME YOU EBAY HANDLE SO I CAN PUT YOU ON MY BANNED LIST !

BEST JOHN

Lost Family: Blow My Mind on International Music Bag or Innovation II, this one shouldn't cost you more then $40 with intact labels. Nice trick by the way, to scratch the labels off and call it unknown

Social source share

Guest rushden

YOU NEVER SLANDERED ME WHERE DID I STATE YOU DID !

CHECK RIGHT DOWN THE BOTTOM ( WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING MATE ? ) YOU WOULD BE AWARE? ALL ANSWERS TO POSTS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LISTINGS !

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350698186975?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_3395wt_1165

I'm sorry if I slandered you -- where in the listing does it say it's the lost family? I looked before I posted.

Social source share

Calm down. You're getting mad because I'm apologizing for potentially slandering you and you didn't say I slandered you? OK, I'm sorry I apologized to you for a potential problem. But you are mad that someone else did slander you?

Look at the link in the first post. The question does not appear at the bottom of it. That is what I checked before posting. I apologize for saying you didn't update the auction when you did. I did check the link link twice before and before posting. Also, I've gotten burned before by putting bids in before questions were later posted at the bottom of auctions. I hope you make sure the final bidder is aware of what the record is. Thanks a lot.

Social source share

here is the link I'm talking about by the way:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MODERN-SOUL-TEST-PRESS-BLANK-ANY-IDEAS-LISTEN-BOTH-SOUL-POST-7-DOLLARS-/350698186975?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14133%26meid%3D5203588384113340158%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1085%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D350698186975%26

Social source share

Guest rushden

MA I AM VERY CALM I LIVE IN THE LUCKY COUNTY A VERY CALMING PLACE SO DONT PATRONISE ME !

NEVER ACCUSED YOU SLANDERING ME .

YES MATE THE BUYER FROM THE USA WILL BE MADE AWARE .

I GOING BACK TO THE SUN

BEST JOHN

PS MATE YOUR PLAYING SILLY BUGGARS OF COARSE THE INFO YOU SENT IS NOT GOING TO APPEAR IN THE LISTING !

HAS IT WAS 6 DAYS BEFORE YOU SENT IT ! WHAT YOU DRINKING BECAUSE I LIKE SOME IS IT PLONKAWHISKEY

Calm down. You're getting mad because I'm apologizing for potentially slandering you and you didn't say I slandered you? OK, I'm sorry I apologized to you for a potential problem. But you are mad that someone else did slander you?

Look at the link in the first post. The question does not appear at the bottom of it. That is what I checked before posting. I apologize for saying you didn't update the auction when you did. I did check the link link twice before and before posting. Also, I've gotten burned before by putting bids in before questions were later posted at the bottom of auctions. I hope you make sure the final bidder is aware of what the record is. Thanks a lot.

Social source share

I am not being patronizing. You are typing in all capital letters which you didn't in your first response and which on the internet appears as screaming. I sent you the link which I looked at a bunch of times which doesn't show the question. In my opinion, you are overreacting. Your posts read like you are flipping out, whether you are or aren't. You're accusing me of drinking whiskey, who's being patronizing?

Social source share

Guest rushden

MODERATORS NOT DOING THERE JOB YES BOBA IT GOT PERSONAL WHEN A FELLOW EBAY SELLER ? WAS ALLOWED ATEMPT TO TRASH MY EBAY REPUTATION & YOU ARE THE MODERATOR CONDONING IT BY NOT MAKING HIM AWARE OF THE SEROIUSNESS OF SUCH ACCUSATIONS . I TAKE ME EBAY SERIOUS AND OBJECT TO FORUMS SUCH AS THESE TO ACT IN ANY WAY THEY WISH . I DID MAKE A REPORT AGAINST THE POSTER WHICH YOU WILL BE AWARE OFF ! I DOUBT SOULSOURCE WILL DO ANYTHING! I WILL ALSO BE CONTACTING EBAY BECAUSE IT IS AN EBAY VIOLATION ! I AM VERY CALM I CHANNEL MY ANGER ''WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND'' . HOPEFULLY ONE DAY I LIST THAT RARE ITEM BUT YOU FIND YOU EARNED A LIFETIME BAN I DON'T SUFFER FOOLS! BEST JOHN BACK TO THE SUN

Social source share

I am not condoning anything. I calmly explained the situation and showed you how the misunderstanding occurred. You are just yelling. PM me if you want my user ID that I've had for the last few years if you want to block it. At this point Mike or another moderator can take appropriate action, I'm not sure what action I could take that you would deem appropriate. Thank you.

Social source share

I've just woken up to see the regrettable impact of my original quite innocent (at least that's what I intended it to be) post.

I had no idea that a simple request for info on I record could unfold in this way and I sincerely apologise to you John for the hassle this has caused. I'll contact you separately of course.

Locking down now to prevent any other adverse comments as this is not good for anyone in my opinion.

Steve.

• Helpful 1
Social source share