Penny And The Quarters - You And Me

Chilli

Just got round to watching Blue Valentine after Sky Plussing it yesterday and heard this fantastic track. Never heard it before and wondered if anyone had any info about the group or this track in particular, like when recorded, was it ever played anywhere, etc.

Probably a bit too slow to have been a biggie anywhere, but just wondered.

Chilli.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

They are the Supremes of Columbus, OH - a male group that started in the doowop era. It was a demo cut by them with a female singer. I think the singer has been discovered, but I don't remember who. The Supremes recorded the same song c. 1974 and it came out on a locally issued 45, thanks to a local Columbus musician/archivist. The 45 has a full band and is faster/slicker.

I guess someone already answered almost at the same time

Edited by George G
Social source share

Thanks for your help and links to further info. I must admit i thought it sounded "ealier" than a 1970 recording (if that makes sense); maybe that's what they were aiming for??

No wonder I'd never heard it before!! What a great story, and it does make you wonder how many more tracks are left out there unearthed.

Chilli

Social source share

Just got round to watching Blue Valentine after Sky Plussing it yesterday and heard this fantastic track. Never heard it before and wondered if anyone had any info about the group or this track in particular, like when recorded, was it ever played anywhere, etc.

Probably a bit too slow to have been a biggie anywhere, but just wondered.

Chilli.

Really good film as it goes - but too much nookie! :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert