My Most Recent Purchase,

I won this on Ebay and am just awaiting delivery. I knew that her, with my love and what you got, had been played out for a couple of years, but I hadn't heard this before. Anyway, I like it mid-tempo magic, just thought I'd share it with you all. Before anyone says it's an Oldie, it isn't to me, OK! :thumbsup:

>>Jean Wells<<

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Rich

I won this on Ebay and am just awaiting delivery. I knew that her, with my love and what you got, had been played out for a couple of years, but I hadn't heard this before. Anyway, I like it mid-tempo magic, just thought I'd share it with you all. Before anyone says it's an Oldie, it isn't to me, OK! :yes:

>>Jean Wells<<

Oldie or not, it's a great record. Big spin at Pitches - I think - back in the day. Kent put a great CD out of Jean's Calla stuff - 'Sold on Soul' :yes:

Edited by Rich
Social source share

"With My Love...." is a good record, but is it mid-tempo? :yes: It feels pretty fast to me, or maybe I'm just getting old. Note that there are two released versions on Calla, on Calla 143 and 152. The versions differ in both backing and vocal. Butch's version has male backing vocals on it.

Social source share

And even more obvious, one issue is the traditional red and white, while t'other is blue and white - same design though.

Hippo.

That is not quite the case. I have seen 143 as a blue and white demo, but it seems most common on regular white and red label design. The 152 I have only seen in red and white label design, on both issue and demo. So the blue/white is a variety of one release (possibly existing on both releases) since both relesases come in red/white. The flips differ beteween the releases as well. I have copies of both releases, in red/white for sale in a box somewhere. It's hard to decide which version is best.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

That is not quite the case. I have seen 143 as a blue and white demo, but it seems most common on regular white and red label design. The 152 I have only seen in red and white label design, on both issue and demo. So the blue/white is a variety of one release (possibly existing on both releases) since both relesases come in red/white. The flips differ beteween the releases as well. I have copies of both releases, in red/white for sale in a box somewhere. It's hard to decide which version is best.

i prefer 152 as the vocal flows so much better than the 143 which seems a bit stop-start and choppy

Social source share

Not bad for a tenner then, eh? :lol:

3d_1_sbl.JPG

hows it going there mr.quinn?

hope all is well with the Belfast Soul Club. we were up in Bonnyrigg for the easter alldayer, living proof that the soul scene is alive and very well in Scotland too!! seems ages since we were over at your do.

take care,

john mc dade.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!