Harvey Averne

Goldsoul

Guest sharmo 1

if it was never on a 45 before then it isnt a reissue imo

Evening Ted hope all groovy with you good sir.This was reissued by jazzman records a few years ago in a latin box set they don't seem to turn up very often though regards Arthur Mullard .P.S.Paula sends a cuddly kiss (bleeding wench)

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

never learned to dance in my under parnts.......big tune for karl heard long before you lot thought about it.......don,t play it anymore where l go...........

Social source share

Evening Ted hope all groovy with you good sir.This was reissued by jazzman records a few years ago in a latin box set they don't seem to turn up very often though regards Arthur Mullard .P.S.Paula sends a cuddly kiss (bleeding wench)

how is the lovely lady Sy hope you are looking after her

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

would want the pressure of having to please you Terry

think you mean wouldn,t............ :D you bin on the vino?.........see ya at lifeline :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Hi Terry hows your lovely better half :D

she's great.....cooking the dinner lol.........smells great...... hope you are well mate atb tezza....

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

or even the 100 Club in the 80s where it first got played

I got a copy mid 80s from Richard Domar who had it described on his list as "a Catacombs secret sound". I'd never heard of it and bought it blind based solely on that description. I was well chuffed when you played it at the 100 Club because it was the first time I ever knew the identity of a cover up!

Social source share

A well secret Catacombs sound. Can you remember what i covered it as?

I got a copy mid 80s from Richard Domar who had it described on his list as "a Catacombs secret sound". I'd never heard of it and bought it blind based solely on that description. I was well chuffed when you played it at the 100 Club because it was the first time I ever knew the identity of a cover up!

Social source share

never learned to dance in my under parnts.......big tune for karl heard long before you lot thought about it.......don,t play it anymore where l go...........

Whose you lot? There must have been a lot of places you didn't go to until you heard Karl cause you keep making these daft comments.

Social source share

As it says on the 45, NLTD was originally issued on the Fania label LP. Uptite label 45's a reissue.

It wasn't though.

As the 45 says it was from the Fania LP - at this point Fania were using Uptite to release material that they thought might cross over to the soul charts - both the LP and the single were released at pretty much at the same time. Reissue it isn't.

About ten years ago Harvey sold a box or two of these, and apart from those, its been a very scarce 45 - significantly less were pressed of this than Central Park, or in fact almost all the other Uptite releases.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Never learned to dance was played in certain North Wales venues in the mid to late 70's & used to clear the floor everytime, as was "too funky" @ the time.

The prices being asked now are very high for a good but not at all rare record IHMO. :yes:

According to john B, the font on latin issues for me, and from what Ive seen sold on the bay over the last couple of years, Central park is rarer than, never learned to......, but obviously demand drives price, not obscurity.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

It wasn't though.

As the 45 says it was from the Fania LP - at this point Fania were using Uptite to release material that they thought might cross over to the soul charts - both the LP and the single were released at pretty much at the same time. Reissue it isn't.

About ten years ago Harvey sold a box or two of these, and apart from those, its been a very scarce 45 - significantly less were pressed of this than Central Park, or in fact almost all the other Uptite releases.

Thanks for clearing that up Dean

Social source share

It wasn't though.

As the 45 says it was from the Fania LP - at this point Fania were using Uptite to release material that they thought might cross over to the soul charts - both the LP and the single were released at pretty much at the same time. Reissue it isn't

Ok Dean, didn't know that. I thought there was over a year between the lp and single release plus different label. Always good to wind up the 45 only guys lol. I'm happy with my lp. Thanks for the info. :)

Social source share

I've never got it at all. Truly awful to my ears but I must be in the minority judging by the amount of money it's been fetching and the number of wants lists I've seen it on.

Anyone know how to find the emoticons with an iPad?

There is none Phil you have to type out the text.

It is a good record but like any other very wanna be DJ has to have it and hammer it to death. it is a guaranteed floor filler, nice and safe like most DJs and promoters like it.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Whose you lot? There must have been a lot of places you didn't go to until you heard Karl cause you keep making these daft comments.

what daft comments never said that karl playing it was the first time l,d heard it..........and i,ve been to more places than you,ve had hot dinners :thumbsup::D

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

what daft comments never said that karl playing it was the first time l,d heard it..........and i,ve been to more places than you,ve had hot dinners :thumbsup::D

you said it was a big tune for Karl before any of us lot even thought about it which isn't quite true is it, it was already a big tune before karl played it and had been for many years. I don't care how many venues you've been too either.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it is a tough record and quite rare...it took me a year to get one after hearing Rob Messer play it in Bournemouth in August 2004 and I first played it at Cala Gran Balckpool weekender in October 2005 with Kev Roberts in attendance some four year or so before Karl got his and probably 15 years after Ady had stopped playing his....

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

you said it was a big tune for Karl before any of us lot even thought about it which isn't quite true is it, it was already a big tune before karl played it and had been for many years. I don't care how many venues you've been too either.

na na ,,na na ..na :lol: .....not including you in the "you lot"......see ya at lifeline :thumbsup:

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

it is a tough record and quite rare...it took me a year to get one after hearing Rob Messer play it in Bournemouth in August 2004 and I first played it at Cala Gran Balckpool weekender in October 2005 with Kev Roberts in attendance some four year or so before Karl got his and probably 15 years after Ady had stopped playing his....

never learned to dance........in my underparnts :lol: .....do do... dodo do do do

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Wish I still had it Dave, not cos I particularly like it but so I could bung it on ebay and ching ching cash in!

Always sounded a bit moddy to me. Maybe cos I first heard it via Rob too.

Can we please relegate this record to oldies venues now? Like Stoke :thumbup:

Social source share

Never learned to dance was played in certain North Wales venues in the mid to late 70's & used to clear the floor everytime, as was "too funky" @ the time.

The prices being asked now are very high for a good but not at all rare record IHMO. :yes:

I wished I'd scanned the pressing figures on this.

Certainly more than hundreds, but less than almost everything - maybe actually everything - on the label.

I think it was a 1000, but maybe 2000. Seem to remember Central Park was double that.

Social source share

I wished I'd scanned the pressing figures on this.

Certainly more than hundreds, but less than almost everything - maybe actually everything - on the label.

I think it was a 1000, but maybe 2000. Seem to remember Central Park was double that.

copies of this are there..they just havent been found yet....there was a white demo brought to my house by an old friend of mine who just started to collect the label and he picked this up with consumate ease..of course it hadnt had the big plays at this point tho....of course its tougher than central park but thats a pretty common record usually show in beat up issues so that must have sold locally... as for the fania lp well i suppose it must have been out before the single because the 45 suggests this

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I bought one from Butch at Sheridans (not sure what year that would be) and even then i thought I was buying a played out oldie, because I hadn't heard it anywhere since the 80s.

Gobsmacked at the way it took off years later. Maybe not mega-rare but I think the value represents the popularity and the fact that people who have one won't let them go cheaply.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!