Help With Value Please. Stoned Love

trog

Hi, looking for some price help regarding these two please.

post-9744-0-47412900-1359645758_thumb.jppost-9744-0-92705800-1359645775_thumb.jp

Both recordings have the long intro but the demo is longer overall. Manship has the Motown Yesteryear one on his site for £50, is that anywhere near a realistic price or not? I have the white demo and assume that this would be worth a lot more. Any help greatly appreciated. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

surely the MY one cant be worth more than a tenner??

never seen the demo you have, imagine pretty rare?

The reason for the high price on the Yesteryear one is that it is the album version with the spoken intro that is currently in vogue, doesn't add a lot to it as a tune IMO, but there you have it.

It's also on a MFP Supremes LP that cant be more than a fiver.

Ooops, missed the bit about the demo having the spoken intro also, nonetheless so does the yesteryear and it's more desirable at the minute than the standard issue.

Edited by Bill Switchgear
Social source share

The mrs has sold a couple of the motown yesteryear for under a fiver on evil bay since xmas,got one left think i,ll keep it lol.If i was buying it i wouldnt give more than a quid for it.

I paid 50p for one a couple of months back car boot, that's about it's whack, be happy to sell it for £50 though. :)
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi, looking for some price help regarding these two please.

post-9744-0-47412900-1359645758_thumb.jppost-9744-0-92705800-1359645775_thumb.jp

Both recordings have the long intro but the demo is longer overall. Manship has the Motown Yesteryear one on his site for £50, is that anywhere near a realistic price or not? I have the white demo and assume that this would be worth a lot more. Any help greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Both the Yesteyear and the red vinyl Motown are the same as each other (just that the timing on the Yesteyear is wrong). These are the normal "as released" version, but with the talk-in intro.

There is, however, a version with the Talk-in intro AND a longer version of the song, complete with sax break. This is the Purple Collectable release, which uses the same numbering system (447) as Yesteryear, but is a different recording.

This long version appreared on the Motown Chartbusters Lp, albeit without the Talk-in intro.

So that's 4 versions, of which 3 are on 45's

Cheers

Mick

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Both the Yesteyear and the red vinyl Motown are the same as each other (just that the timing on the Yesteyear is wrong). These are the normal "as released" version, but with the talk-in intro.

There is, however, a version with the Talk-in intro AND a longer version of the song, complete with sax break. This is the Purple Collectable release, which uses the same numbering system (447) as Yesteryear, but is a different recording.

This long version appreared on the Motown Chartbusters Lp, albeit without the Talk-in intro.

Cheers

Mick

I had a foreign PS version with the long intro, might have been Spanish?

Social source share

OK, what other Yesteryear's should we be looking out for. Local Charity Shop had a whole stack of them a few months ago, 99c each?

I do not think I have ever bought one

Don't think many of us have- but might now listen to some.

I'd love to find the alternative Velvelettes "These Things" on a 45

Social source share

Cheers

Mick

Thanks Mick and everyone else for your input. Will have to get a copy with the sax break now! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!