Djs Playing Original Or Re-issue

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

IS IT THAT IMPORTANT TO PLAY ORIGINAL VYNIL ONLY OR ARE RE-ISSUES ACCEPTABLE AS THEY ARE A FRACTION OF THE PRICE OF A RECORD YOU CAN NEVER PURCHASE COS OF AVAILABILITY AND COST. IF OK DO THE DJs WITH THE RARE ORIGINALS GET A BIT SORE AND FEEL BITTER OR ACCEPT IT HAPPENS AND ARE NOT AT ALL BOVERED. IM ASKING THIS AS IM STARTING TO DO A BIT OF DJing LOCALLY AND IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS CAN I AFFORD TO BUY SOME OF THESE TUNES IM AFTER PURELY COS I AM A FAMILY MAN WITH 2 YOUNG KIDS AND ONLY STARTED COLLECTING VYNIL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT ENJOY JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE, I HAVE NO PREFERENCE TO WHAT STYLE WETHER IT BE NS OR RB ETC I LIKE IT IF IT ROCKS MY BOAT AND MAKES MY TOES TAP. HOW MUCH FOR THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

IS IT THAT IMPORTANT TO PLAY ORIGINAL VYNIL ONLY OR ARE RE-ISSUES ACCEPTABLE AS THEY ARE A FRACTION OF THE PRICE OF A RECORD YOU CAN NEVER PURCHASE COS OF AVAILABILITY AND COST. IF OK DO THE DJs WITH THE RARE ORIGINALS GET A BIT SORE AND FEEL BITTER OR ACCEPT IT HAPPENS AND ARE NOT AT ALL BOVERED. IM ASKING THIS AS IM STARTING TO DO A BIT OF DJing LOCALLY AND IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS CAN I AFFORD TO BUY SOME OF THESE TUNES IM AFTER PURELY COS I AM A FAMILY MAN WITH 2 YOUNG KIDS AND ONLY STARTED COLLECTING VYNIL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT ENJOY JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE, I HAVE NO PREFERENCE TO WHAT STYLE WETHER IT BE NS OR RB ETC I LIKE IT IF IT ROCKS MY BOAT AND MAKES MY TOES TAP. HOW MUCH FOR THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Educated, female, early forties 21-43. Psuedo use of the Estuarian venaculary, I'd say High School lass from Hampshire. AND STOP FUUCKING SHOUTING!

Social source share

WHATS WITH ALL THE POSTS IN CAPITALS TONIGHT AND ALL OF THEM HAVE GOT NO PUNCTUATION MARKS OR FULL STOPS MOST OF THEM SEEM TO BE GETTING EVERYBODY WOUND UP FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER MAKES YOU WONDER IF THEYRE ALL COMING FROM THE SAME PERSON OR IS IT ME THATS JUST GETTING PARANOID

Social source share

Of course this topic has been done to death on here BUT here's an interesting twist to the whole thing ....... a couple of very prominent DJs in this neck of the woods have taken to playing their boots/pressings out at major nighters but at the same they also their bring their ORIGINALS along to prove to any doubting Soul Police who may question whether they indeed do have the original vinyl .

So effectively these DJs turn up with two boxes of records , one box with the boots & pressings which get played on the decks and the other with the originals of the same records !

The logic is of course not to wear out their original vinyl rarities.

What do the "original vinyl only to be played at major nighters" advocates on here think about this practice?????

Is it acceptable ?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Of course this topic has been done to death on here BUT here's an interesting twist to the whole thing ....... a couple of very prominent DJs in this neck of the woods have taken to playing their boots/pressings out at major nighters but at the same they also their bring their ORIGINALS along to prove to any doubting Soul Police who may question whether they indeed do have the original vinyl .

So effectively these DJs turn up with two boxes of records , one box with the boots & pressings which get played on the decks and the other with the originals of the same records !

What do the "original vinyl only to be played at major nighters" advocates on here think about this practice?????

Is it acceptable ?

YES

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Is it acceptable ?

:thumbsup:

Interesting post, that! No probs there in my book.

Would be interested to know... where is your "neck of the woods" though?

One or two in my area play dubs or even CDs of BIG sounds they claim to own, but in actual fact they don't! Bit insulting IMO! :lol:

Social source share

This topic has been done to death on here; BEARSYBOY, before posting again, apart from switching off your caps lock button, I suggest you familiarise yourself with the sites search facility.

Topic closed

Thanks

Nick

Social source share