Are These Cover Up's ?

Just been playing through a tape from the mid 80's with many big sounds on , Eric Mercury , Betty Lloyd etc , but 3 sides I can't find any info on , Chris Teller - I've been hurt , Uniques -Lonely man and Milton Campbell - Someone [ Zoom ] .They're not in John's price guide , so was wondering if I've been given the correct info ? Can anyone help please ? Best ,Eddie

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just been playing through a tape from the mid 80's with many big sounds on , Eric Mercury , Betty Lloyd etc , but 3 sides I can't find any info on , Chris Teller - I've been hurt , Uniques -Lonely man and Milton Campbell - Someone [ Zoom ] .They're not in John's price guide , so was wondering if I've been given the correct info ? Can anyone help please ? Best ,Eddie

Eddie these are real records.

There are still many records not in John's price guide, that's all part of the fun of it. If everything was catalogued it would be boring. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Chris teller exists, Not a favourite of mine though, Value £20 or less would guess

Social source share

Chris teller exists, Not a favourite of mine though, Value £20 or less would guess

used to see this every now and again in sales boxes at £70 and often wondered what it was like to justify its price. Then I got one in trades and couldnt believe how bad it was. Pete's right with his price estimation -thats what it should be worth!

Oh well, derek

Social source share

Hi Eddie

Milton Campbell & RDM Band - Sweet Thing ( ZOOM 101 ) - JB type funk 45 - Not sure if 'Someone ' is the other side.But seems to be a popular funk 45.

ATB

Rich

It is quite a nice record. Chris Teller's like a girly Motown sounding thing.

Derek did you get the article ok?

Social source share

Guest SteveO

Eddie,

The Uniques is Lonely man - Jerry and his Uniques on Lennan (orange label).

I knew this from a batch of 20 rarest of the rare tapes from the 80's and played it

to lots of people in the hope that they would know it as it was one of my top wants.

No-one did surprisingly! Then Glen played it to me at Brighouse the other month and

it was like a fkin rush! As soon as the horns come in at the start, away we go!

I couldnt part with £200 quickly enough.

Sure its in Tims guide for double this....but one that I think has so much milage left in it.

Good luck hunting (it only took me 20 years!!!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!