Impressions - We Must Be In Love

Guest Frank Jr

Guest Frank Jr

Hi all! I really like this track and find it better than the Five Stairsteps' version. I'm just a little bit confused on how to find it, is it a album only track or was it released as a b-side on the U.s release of Inner city blues as suggested on discogs (Curtom CR 1964)? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Edited by Frank Jr
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I first heard this about 10 years ago when Paul Weller played it on his 'vinyl classics' radio show. It took me another 2 years to get a copy. If I remember correctly it's a US only release. I also have the version by 5 stairsteps and have to agree that it's not a patch on the impressions. Great version of Inner city blues on the flip. Good luck with your search.

Dave

Social source share

Guest Frank Jr

I first heard this about 10 years ago when Paul Weller played it on his 'vinyl classics' radio show. It took me another 2 years to get a copy. If I remember correctly it's a US only release. I also have the version by 5 stairsteps and have to agree that it's not a patch on the impressions. Great version of Inner city blues on the flip. Good luck with your search.

Dave

Thanks for all the answers! I hate that you don't get notified when people answer your topics.. It's funny, cause one Five Stairsteps version that I actually prefer over the Impressions is "I'm the one who loves you" (well at least floor action vise :thumbsup: ). I guess I'll just have to keep on hunting a little bit longer then.. What about the pricing?
Social source share

This is one of the few Curtom singles I haven’t got and never thought much about it before, but has now got me perplexed. So this single was released after Curtis had gone solo and Leroy Hutson was the new lead singer of the Impressions. One side is a contemporary Hutson/Impressions release and the other a retrospective (18mths) Curtis/Impressions release of a previous LP track. If that’s the case I wonder why they did it, it’s not as if Curtis would have gone back with the Impressions to help market it would he?

Social source share

I think the single was rushed out to cash in on Marvin's album and probably nothing else new was available. The UK 45 has Amen and Keep on pushing on the flip. I've had a search running on Ebay for yonks to upgrade my copy but am still waiting.....It failed to chart (R&Bwise) in the US which is unusual for an Impressions 45 so would guess that Marvin's version swamped it when it was issued.

Social source share

Guest Frank Jr

I think the single was rushed out to cash in on Marvin's album and probably nothing else new was available. The UK 45 has Amen and Keep on pushing on the flip. I've had a search running on Ebay for yonks to upgrade my copy but am still waiting.....It failed to chart (R&Bwise) in the US which is unusual for an Impressions 45 so would guess that Marvin's version swamped it when it was issued.

Nice, sell yours to mine if you upgrade it!

Btw, a strange version, Jamaican stuff use to be slower but this one really feels faster than the original;

[post='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4wbyliwg6I']Slim Smith- We Must be in love

Social source share

Hi all! I really like this track and find it better than the Five Stairsteps' version. I'm just a little bit confused on how to find it, is it a album only track or was it released as a b-side on the U.s release of Inner city blues as suggested on discogs (Curtom CR 1964)? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Some copies available at Discogs here:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=3625232&ev=rb

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!