Raise A Pint For Mrs. Vespa

Mrs.. Vespa (wife of noted Milwaukee-area DJ and record collector Ric Vespa) is facing the twin agonies of cancer treatment, and the accompanying mountain of unreimbursed medical expenses. I strongly encourage all who can to go to https://www.mrsvespa.com/ and "Raise a Pint for Mrs. Vespa" by making a donation of $5.00 or more.

Like most record collectors and occasional DJs, I have a few (somewhat) valuable records in my collection that I haven’t played in a very long time. Why not find these vinyl rarities a place in a loving home, and assist a fellow traveler at the same time? So, I put this one up one up on eBay. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Mrs. Vespa Cancer Treatment Fund. If you like the record, please bid on it.

https://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

That's a great thing you're doing. Never heard of the people but I'll be happy to send a $5 donation. I think you may be disappointed in the price you get for your Dee Edwards though, I sold one 2 weeks ago and it was at half the book price, I doubt if anyone's ever got near that price with it.

Social source share

Thanks for spreading the word.

I actually agree with what you said about record values. In a world in which ebay, popsike, and collectorsfrenzy are accessible on the phones that we carry in our pockets, a voluminous price guide book seems a bit unnecessary. I still buy every edition of Manship's book anyway, as the updated info as to boots, counterfeits, reissues & other dodgy records is extremely valuable.

One note about the Dee Edwards record on eBay: the writing on the b-side label indicates that, at some sort of garage sale or rummage sale, this record was offered for five US cents. No, I am not the person who got this record for that sum, but once upon a time, this record really made one crate diggers day!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!