Jack Montgomery Baby Baby Take A Chance

Guest stu g

Book price which reflects Ex condition is £250 / £200 for issue / dj

Would think with some patience tou could do £100 - £150 depending upon condition you want.

Never sure how scarce or just tucked away. There used to be plenty about in cheap boxes whilst everyone wanted Dearly Beloved / Do You Believe It

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

think you would be extremely fortunate to pick up a clean copy at that these days. you need to be erring on the side of £200 at least

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

real name marvin jones, took the name montgomery off don montgomery............ it sounded cool. if memory serves he wrote under his own name with don mancha, certainly on the dearly beloved, , who gave his surname to steve mancha.

Social source share

real name marvin jones, took the name montgomery off don montgomery............ it sounded cool. if memory serves he wrote under his own name with don mancha, certainly on the dearly beloved, , who gave his surname to steve mancha.

I know that according to some Detroiters from back in the day, Don Mancha had the nickname "Don Juan" Mancha because he was good with the ladies (had a LOT of girlfriends). I also knew that Clyde Wilson took the stage name and pen name of "Steve Mancha". It's also interesting that while with Harvey Fuqua'sand Gwen Gordy Fuqua's Harvey/Tri Phi Records, as a recording artist (The Two Friends-HPC 1001) and as a writer, and also while at Motown, he used his own name of Clyde Wilson.

I never heard the story of why he picked "Steve Mancha". How and why did Don Mancha give his surname to Wilson? If I'm not mistaken, "Mancha" wasn't Don Mancha's actual birth family name-it was also a career stage/pen name.

Social source share

think you would be extremely fortunate to pick up a clean copy at that these days. you need to be erring on the side of £200 at least

As one of the earlier post states, these used to be around all the time

Seem them on here for between 150 and 200 - BUT, do they always sell?

I certainly would not pay anywhere near 200 - it's just not that rare

Sit tight, wait for one around 100, and make an offer

They are on sale pretty regular

But if you pay 200, you would need your arse severely kicked

Only my opinion of course

Jim

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Jim

i think in the jm new book its a typing error and this and the dont turn your back on me values are the wrong way round.........£150 tops for this

Social source share

Jim

Social source share

Jim

No way on earth is it worth £200. If the one I had hadn't been pristine, it would have been £125.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There you go stu

Unplayed at 150, so I'm sure you will get one that's used for 100

Good pricing though pete

Jim

I tell you what, you have changed your tune now you are a buyer rather than a seller. I had to sell my 2 firstborn to be able to afford your records.

Just added an extra 20% to that pile of stuff I had pulled out for you now.....

Right off to freeze my bollocks off!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I tell you what, you have changed your tune now you are a buyer rather than a seller. I had to sell my 2 firstborn to be able to afford your records.

The art of a professional salesperson Mr O!!!

Social source share

Social source share

Cheers jocko was looking for at least a vg++ for bout that price

Il sit tight n hope

Just bought cajun hart so be a few weeks till i put a want up , cheers for all the replys

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

quote name='RobbK' timestamp='1360565743' post='1900730'

I know that according to some Detroiters from back in the day, Don Mancha had the nickname "Don Juan" Mancha because he was good with the ladies (had a LOT of girlfriends). I also knew that Clyde Wilson took the stage name and pen name of "Steve Mancha". It's also interesting that while with Harvey Fuqua'sand Gwen Gordy Fuqua's Harvey/Tri Phi Records, as a recording artist (The Two Friends-HPC 1001) and as a writer, and also while at Motown, he used his own name of Clyde Wilson.

I never heard the story of how and whyhe picked "Steve Mancha". How and why did Don Mancha give his surname to Wilson? If I'm not mistaken, "Mancha" wasn't Don Mancha's actual birth family name-it was also a career stage/pen name.

hi rob, i only know he changed his name around the same time as jack montgomery, they probably thought clydie wilson wasnt as cool as steve mancha

Social source share

Jim

agree even though i paid around £15 for minter tops probably around 1992,still wouldnt sell it though i reckon all jacks tunes are essential but just to put another one on the same label into context what about Garland Greens 45s on this they are more common if you ask me!and therefore overpriced way too much at £120ish good as they are

cheers

dave L

Social source share

agree even though i paid around £15 for minter tops probably around 1992,still wouldnt sell it though i reckon all jacks tunes are essential but just to put another one on the same label into context what about Garland Greens 45s on this they are more common if you ask me!and therefore overpriced way too much at £120ish good as they are

cheers

dave L

dave could not agree more mate

GG is common and is for sale alot at present around the price you mention - BUT - are they selling?

not a £100 record IMO

as i mentioned in another post, just pecause a RARE 45 has gone from £100 to £500 as its now clear that it IS rare, that doesnt mean that a £20 fairly common record becomes £100

jim

Social source share

quote name='RobbK' timestamp='1360565743' post='1900730'

I never heard the story of how and whyhe picked "Steve Mancha". How and why did Don Mancha give his surname to Wilson? If I'm not mistaken, "Mancha" wasn't Don Mancha's actual birth family name-it was also a career stage/pen name.

hi rob, i only know he changed his name around the same time as jack montgomery, they probably thought clydie wilson wasnt as cool as steve mancha

Don Juan Mancha and his brother Pedro were both born in Detroit. Their father had Spanish roots, thus the names. Don did lend his name to Clyde Wilson when it was decided that name sounded too 'black'. Extensive article on him coming soon.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!