Soul Source Debate Cut N Paste Sheet

Guest Andy BB

Guest Andy BB

A handy Soul Source cut out and paste sheet. (Please add your own)

No more time wasted typing the same thing over and over again like some demented Mavis Beacon typing tutor. Just chop and go!

Instructions: Simply cut the words between the SNIP's and alter to fit.

The DJ 'Debate'

No more wasting time while trying to get spots by 'cunningly' promoting yourself or your friends.

SNIP ...I think that [insert your personal characteristics here] should be given more DJ spots ...SNIP

For example in my case I (or let's face it, more than likely a friend given a nudge) would put... I think [Mods in their mid-thirties with dark hair and eczema who like uptempo tunes] should be given more DJ spots.

The music 'debate'

SNIP... I think [insert the style of records you currently own here] should be played out more at venues ...SNIP

The up-and-coming tunes thread

SNIP... I think [insert name of crap record you can't shift or you've just bought for 50p here] is really going to go big so buy it now while you can ...SNIP

The 'my mate is great, but he's not my mate post'

SNIP... Last week I was at [club name] when I saw this great [young/old/ginger/fat/thin delete as appropriate] DJ who played a great set. I can't remember his name as I have never seen hime before in my life, honest, but he was on before the [fat/thin/ginger/young/old] one and I'd just like to say he was fab and promoters should book him! ...SNIP

My mate's club is great

SNIP.... Just like to say what a fantastic time we had last night at [insert club name here] all the DJs were great, especially [see previous snip]. Anyway, keep it up,you guys/girls are the best!...SNIP

Coming soon:

Sycophant Sheets: A handy list of promoters complete with club locations, styles and personal opinions on most topics for the 'up-and-coming DJs' to refer to when jumping from topic to topic currying favour.

And as an added bonus...

Hate List

A reference-for-the-rest-of-us. Fairly new to the scene? Avoid embarrassing social conversation faux pas such as "I like Ian Levine's sets" by carrying this handy pocket guide to People you are supposed to hate complete with ratings. Then even if you don't know the first thing about them you can sort out the people you now hate from those you only mildly despise.

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was out at a fantastic doo last weekend ...... saw a magnificent young up and coming DJ, Andy BB Ithink he was called..... welI thought to meself, where have they been hiding this gem I thought!..... Why oh why oh why aren't the promoters out there RUNNING to book this guy??

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Oooh that sounds really bitchy when I read it back...

Fee free to shift it Shane :yes:

I was wondering why anyone booked you as a DJ. :yes:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Oooh that sounds really bitchy when I read it back...

Fee free to shift it Shane :D

I like it Andy :(

i think we should leave it up for a couple of days - maybe one or two posters will think twice about what they write in future :yes::yes:

i like to think of this as the 'alternative site guidelines' :yes:

its only a bit of fun really

Shane

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

I haven't laughed so much in ages - fantastic thread :yes: . Don't you have any work to do. :yes:

And let us not forget the classic

'Who's going to........ thread' (insert some no hoper club your mates running that even his wife wouldn't be seen dead at)

By the way 'who's going to Boogaloo this Sat night, I've heard it's a good'un.

Warren

Social source share

I haven't laughed so much in ages - fantastic thread :yes: . Don't you have any work to do. :yes:

And let us not forget the classic

'Who's going toSoul or nothing..........www.cooloff.net

........ thread' (insert some no hoper club your mates running that even his wife wouldn't be seen dead at) :yes:

Steve

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

winsford steve,

was that comment tongue in cheek? hope so steve mate.

i am starting to regret allowing this thread to run now its getting personal :yes:

Shane

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

I was wondering why anyone booked you as a DJ. :yes:

I on the other hand am not at all surprised at your lack of DJ spots :yes:

Social source share

winsford steve,

was that comment tongue in cheek? hope so steve mate.

i am starting to regret allowing this thread to run now its getting personal :yes:

Shane

Shane , Yes it was mate . I wouldnt do anything to offend Steve Cato or anyone else for that matter. that is the problem with posts there is no easy way to transmit humour. i put a whistler up to say it was tongue firmly in cheek. I do apologise if any offence was caused.

Steve

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Shane , Yes it was mate . I wouldnt do anything to offend Steve Cato or anyone else for that matter. that is the problem with posts there is no easy way to transmit humour. i put a whistler up to say it was tongue firmly in cheek. I do apologise if any offence was caused.

Steve

no worries steve :yes:

i thought i would ask the question first. i agree it is difficult to be understood on here sometimes

cheers

Shane

Social source share

no worries steve :yes:

i thought i would ask the question first. i agree it is difficult to be understood on here sometimes

cheers

Shane

Cheers Shane. The reason i posted what i did was because Steve runs one of the most successful nights going and my warped sense of fun just told me to do it. it could just as easy been the 100 club , Middleton, Winsford etc.

Steve

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I on the other hand am not at all surprised at your lack of DJ spots :yes:

I'm too classy mate. :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!