Betty Brooks On Le Cam

Guest Netspeaky

Guest Netspeaky

Can anybody help with info on BETTY BROOKS - THERE MUST BE LOVE SOMEWHERE b/w FUNKY FUNKY on Le Cam LC-107

It's the same song as Ed Robin on Le Cam 310

The Betty Brooks sounds a lot earlier mid-60's while the Ede Robin's is about 1970ish, the difference in release numbers seem to back this up.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anybody help with info on BETTY BROOKS - THERE MUST BE LOVE SOMEWHERE b/w FUNKY FUNKY on Le Cam LC-107 - It's the same song as Ed Robin on Le Cam 310

The Betty Brooks sounds a lot earlier mid-60's while the Ede Robin's is about 1970ish, the difference in release numbers seem to back this up.

link

There's only 3 numbers between them (first issue of Ede's version was Le Cam 104) so presume they were released the same year as each other. You can hear the full Ede Robin's version on https://www.Soulclub.org .... What sort of info do you need ?

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Hi Kolla, I have the Ede Robins on a UK release, but thanks for th link anyway. The Betty Brooks isn't in Manships book and I've asked a few people do they know this version, and no one had heard of it, just wondering if it's a rare record or not. Seems strange for 2 female versions to come out at the same time on the same label as they would be competing against each other for sales? Was the later 310 Ede Robins release due to the demand from the northern scene in the early to mid 70's? Is there a Le Cam discography anywhere? smile.gif

Social source share

Hi Kolla, I have the Ede Robins on a UK release,  but thanks for th link anyway. The Betty Brooks isn't in Manships book and I've asked a few people do they know this version, and no one had heard of it, just wondering if it's a rare record or not. Seems strange for 2 female versions to come out at the same time on the same label as they would be competing against each other for sales? Was the later 310 Ede Robins release due to the demand from the northern scene in the early to mid 70's?  Is there a Le Cam discography anywhere? smile.gif

link

Mark

Play instru flip, currently getting plays by robbo and karl r, must have heard it on coast at some time as was hammered by steve, mark m and all -last few years

sorta harlem rumble typr thing, works well,at right place right time

seen at 100+ but also at 30 quid recently on manships

hope helps, let us know if clicks when hear flip

mike :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Hi Mike,

Yes I know the Intrumental version + the Ede Robins, it's the Betty Brooks I want info on. If no one knows this version it's either rare or there are lots lying around but no interest in it. Thanks anyway. smile.gif

The Le Cam discography is interesting, right mixed bunch of artists and music, I have 630 Phyliss Brown which also came on sister label Soft by Sonny & Phyliss (Brown). It also seems that they had numerous attempts with the same song on different artists on both labels most notably a song called "WOW" which 5 different artists covered on Soft 1016,1020,1022,1025 & 1026, Strange but true.

Does anybody out there know the Betty Brooks, it seems to be her only release on the labels, unless she is on some of the missing numbers.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Mike,

Yes I know the Intrumental version + the Ede Robins, it's the Betty Brooks I want info on. If no one knows this version it's either rare or there are lots lying around but no interest in it. Thanks anyway. smile.gif

link

nah

on about "funky funky" as in flip of betty brookes

prices said are what seen Betty Brookes for recently

mike

(think I read your reply right <_>

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!