News: Al Pacino Is Phil Spector

Chalky

• 4 months later...

Already available to download - Helen Mirren in it as well.

I'll watch it after the football and report back.

Legally?

I can never understand why thy release films etc at different times. Been out in the US since March. Does nothing but increase illegal downloading for those that can't get it.

I will sky plus it as out Saturday.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Legally?

I can never understand why thy release films etc at different times. Been out in the US since March. Does nothing but increase illegal downloading for those that can't get it.

I will sky plus it as out Saturday.

If "Kickasstorrents" is legal, then yes.

Anyway I watched it.

It says it's not based on fact but is a fictionalised version of what happened.

It concentrates solely on the relationship between Phil and his lawyers.

It gives an interesting insight into the strange world of Phil Spector but little else.

It ends very abruptly as if they got fed up and just wanted to finish it there and then.

I'd give it 4 out of 10.

Social source share

If "Kickasstorrents" is legal, then yes.

Anyway I watched it.

It says it's not based on fact but is a fictionalised version of what happened.

It concentrates solely on the relationship between Phil and his lawyers.

It gives an interesting insight into the strange world of Phil Spector but little else.

It ends very abruptly as if they got fed up and just wanted to finish it there and then.

I'd give it 4 out of 10.

Did it touch on any long term  mental heath issues? I remember being told he "retired" for two years because 'River Deep' didn't get to number one. Also that he would take a pistol into the studio and point it at the session musicians. I've heard some session outtakes and it's well past 10 at night and they are on take 20 something of one of the tracks, but only just into the first 30 seconds of the recording!

Social source share

Did it touch on any long term  mental heath issues? I remember being told he "retired" for two years because 'River Deep' didn't get to number one. Also that he would take a pistol into the studio and point it at the session musicians. I've heard some session outtakes and it's well past 10 at night and they are on take 20 something of one of the tracks, but only just into the first 30 seconds of the recording!

Nothing about the retirement but it does touch on everything else you mention.  Briefly.

Social source share

There is the story about his work with the Ramones when apparently he got them to record a single guitar chord over and over many many times. Joey Ramone stopped the session, took him to one side and informed him "we don't work like this Phil"..............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!