The Daddy is back

Hi all, Been lying low on here this last few day's for a couple of reasons that i'm sure you are all very aware of, i emailed Kevin Roberts and we have had a private chat regarding all the recent muck slinging etc. I was way over the top in some of my comments although they were not directly aimed at KRL to his credit Kevin took my tone personal and for that i am publically sorry.

Seems i got well and truley told off by Kev as i was told i had been slagging off KRL for several weeks here on 'Soulsource' but possibly only one post struck a nerve.

I had personal reasons for going a little over the top which i explained to Kev, also i did offer an apology which Kevin seems to have accepted, however i was the topic of conversation in certain circles since the conception of THE NEW CENTURY SOUL CLUB as being the man behind this venue, which we all know is total bollocks. Seems like other venues are allowed to operate on a smaller scale but if anything rivals the bigger events then it's war.......

So in my defence and an open reply i'm proud to be part of NEW CENTURY although i'm not currently DJ'ing at the venue, but all this has made me reconsider my decision to quit the scene as a DJ so it's a total U TURN on my part, ok i have retired before lol.... but never for the reasons i was forced into this time, bring it on Chris Waterman as Daddy's back, if i'm gonna be black listed from certain other venues because of my connection with NEW CENTURY then lets do it mate!!!!!

And really give them something to talk about, i'm very proud to be part of by far the best venue in the UK and that's in Manchester so best you have one of the best DJ's there mate...lol........so

Some people have an answer for everything as no matter what you say or whatever your point of view is they know best so let's just do our own thing and see what happens..........best i can say is if you 'Want all the faith', then keep it you deserve it............... Now i was not looking for effect or attention by quiting or having a break but i just can't pack it all in and let Chris and Lee down my mates firstly and secondly very good promoters and the dozens of other gigs i do and have done in the past., still going to have the break i stated and will select the gigs i want to do but i'm not walking away from New Century a venue which i helped to grow...sod that. So as Kev pointed out i am very much involved with New Century 100% correct on that one.

Cheers Kev you made me see the light, respect for getting me on the right track just that the train pulls into Manchester Victoria......Soul central.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Really glad to hear the air has been cleared, and you bot sorted it out like gentlemen. After all, isnt that yet another reason why we all became addicted to this scene in the first place?

So Mark in future can we say to you,

'Oh yeah, but where were you during the September 2004s?' whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest micksmith

WELL MARK ME 'N ADY ALWAYS KNEW IT WOULDN'T LAST LONG. WE KNEW YOU'D MISS THE FAME. I'VE TRIED IT A FEW TYMES-WHEN I MENTION IT TO ADY-HE JUST SAYS F---ING HELL YOU CAN'T. BUT ONE DAY????

Social source share

Oi! And I did a special 'weepie' trading card for you you rotten sod! It's like the last night at Wigan all over again......all joking apart I'm glad your back mate and look forward to having even more in-depth discussions (lol) via the marvel of the internet.

Social source share

Cheers Mick, Big O' and all, I never said i was totally packing it in, rather more a break which i'm still in the process of having, just that all the politics etc. really got to me and had to try and sought it all out and stepping back seemed the right thing to do, as for the fame Mick that goes without saying still you are far more famous than me perhaps because you are a little older and the fact that you have one of the best collections on the northern scene.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!