News: Images for Upcoming Book Request - Northern Soul Film

Posted

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Have been passed on news and a request for images regarding a planned book to tie in with the film launch. I've been told that this is a 'loose' tie in and that the end result should be more than the run of the mill type movie tie in publications...

View full article

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Saw this on bookface, They're going to cover early days up to the present and for once are actually going to cover the 80s as well, about time someone can actually admit there was a thriving scene then. Mainly looking at late 60s 70s and 80s but say will cover all eras.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Gilr min the photo is Franny Franklin originally from Edinburgh , I think she is now living in London, she was a fabulous dancer back in the day

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Saw this on bookface, They're going to cover early days up to the present and for once are actually going to cover the 80s as well, about time someone can actually admit there was a thriving scene then. Mainly looking at late 60s 70s and 80s but say will cover all eras.

the best photo I've ver seen about the scene was guy, keb, adey and minshull at the back of the 100 done about 87, for some long forgotten trendy london only rag, wish i still had a copy.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Tell you what I'd like to see in this ( although that counts for nowt). Pictures of true charecters such as Gaz Kellet, Ozzie, Pete Lawson, Phil Worral etc in full chaotic flow. people like that made the 80s early 90s for me. kept us all on our toes :)

Edited by Byrney
soul source url
Social source share
Guest ScooterNik
Posted

It needs to come with a CD of people loudly chattering b'locks down your ear for 8 hours to give the complete experience.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Tell you what I'd like to see in this ( although that counts for nowt). Pictures of true charecters such as Gaz Kellet, Ozzie, Pete Lawson, Phil Worral etc in full chaotic flow. people like that made the 80s early 90s for me. kept us all on our toes :)

They are all on the Stafford Story site of mine!

I've loads of flyers, echoes and other stuff at home.

Some fantastic Stafford photos from Neil Salter on my Flickr page and loads of other photos of the acts and some characters.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I've seen them Chalky, some crackers there. Who has intellectual property of them? For instance could I snatch them and get them over to Elaine? Such an opportunity for this era to be seen

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

All whose photo's I've used have a credit with them and they are I think all on Facebook. Flyers etc i will sort some for Elaine. I'll get in touch with her I think and see what she is after in particular. Or tell her to send me a message mate or ring or summat.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

if still looking for sources, maybe aint looked in soul source gallery yet

100,000+ pics from members from all eras in gallery on here

all in easy to nav categories , pm system , member details etc etc

http://www.soul-sour...lforum/gallery/

3 pages of albums from 80s/90s

100s from individual members, flyers and so on

http://www.soul-sour...0s-soul-albums/

pm system should provide a easy way to request permission

Edited by mike
permission bit added
soul source url
Social source share
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

You can have my avatar on here of Me, Lorraine Davies-Smith & her first husband Peter, also I've got some more somewhere, give me a nudge & I'll sort out what I can.

Spot.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

You can have my avatar of me, Lorraine Davies-Smith & here first husband Peter at Cleethorpes in 75, also there's one of my wife Gail with Maureen Walsh at same place plus I've a couple with Lorraine, Ronnie Pedley etc at Ebor Suite in York.Plus Gail's got some Wigan stuff etc.

Spot.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Reminder - Offensive Images ?
    All About The Soul by mike on Thu 17 Apr 2014