Anybody Heard Of Chuck Vallent "love Is Strong" On Peak?

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anybody on hear has heard of this record:

Chuck Vallent "Love Is Strong" on Peak.

Came across this one recently and can't find any information. Kind of has an earlier R&B sound, but yet I think has a sound that would appeal big to Northern guys. Great energy, great soulful vocals. Very raw.

Anybody heard of it????

Scott

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anybody on hear has heard of this record:

Chuck Vallent "Love Is Strong" on Peak.

Came across this one recently and can't find any information. Kind of has an earlier R&B sound, but yet I think has a sound that would appeal big to Northern guys. Great energy, great soulful vocals. Very raw.

Anybody heard of it????

Scott

Hi Scott, I have a copy of this 45 and think you just about summed it up bang on with your description, written by Darnell-Taylor-Vallent and a Cleanteen and Peak music BMI....I have a few things on the Forte label with the Cleanteen music and the Taylor maybe Ellis Taylor from Forte so could be connected.

Its very much in the vein of the kinda things Guy used to play at Stafford although things played today are slightly more refined theres still healthy interest for this type of sound.

regards Mike

Social source share

A Blue colored label out of Texas. A few other things on the label too. Not widely known.

Any idea how much it's worth? I need to make an offer to the person who has it, and it would be nice to have some kind of perspective.

Social source share

A Blue colored label out of Texas. A few other things on the label too. Not widely known.

Andy, the fella that sold me mine was from Kansas he thought it was a local thing tis a blue label with silver print unfortunately insufficient detail on the label to pin down an address for it only connection I can see on it is possibly to the Forte lbl.

hth

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!