Your Most Treasured

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

everyone must have one piece of vinyl that is priceless and could never be parted with no matter what price it may or may not be worth,

my one on reflection must be - Marv Johnson - come on and stop, bought for me by my kids and is for me my favourite and also my most treasured,

so come on what and why.

bearsy.

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

back in the late 70,s got a tape from ian clarke with a track on it by newsounds called bet you never thought about it, soon got the 45, loved it ever since,dont know why but even seeing or hearing the record takes me back to when life was a lot more simpler less stressfull,

still got my copy thats gone through

3 house moves

3 kids

2 careers

18 jobs

1 breakdown

15 cars

expanding waist

receeding hair

depression

music in other formats than vinyl

people who like cornel gunther

and all that, the record is worth £15 on price guides and well reccomended :thumbsup:

Social source share

jerry naylors, city lights

paid a fiver for it back in about 82 and it was my first of my now fair sized collection. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

jerry naylors, city lights

paid a fiver for it back in about 82 and it was my first of my now fair sized collection. :thumbsup:

thats on my want list you lucky beggar,

i might just place a post on wants for it right now.

bearsy

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Hi All, Have to say my most teasured 45 is The Time Is Write For Love- Bobby Reed- Bell 888, couldnt imagine myself ever parting with it. All time favourite tune ,didnt think id ever get a copy at one time. Soul Sid :thumbsup:

Social source share

It would have to be ‘Popcorn’ by Hot Butter on Pye 1972. First record I bought with my own (pocket) money from Rumblows narrow Bargate. Aged 8.

Though I’d also like to keep the Archies – Sugar Sugar.

(and Anorak’s this is famous for what? Clue #2 /#1)

Social source share

everyone must have one piece of vinyl that is priceless and could never be parted with no matter what price it may or may not be worth,

my one on reflection must be - Marv Johnson - come on and stop, bought for me by my kids and is for me my favourite and also my most treasured,

so come on what and why.

bearsy.

Hi

I saw this thread and the choice immediately became impossible.

Almost every record that I have bought, I bought because I liked it (Main Priority), although if I see a bargain to sell on, to fund collection, why not.

There are many that, regardless of value, to me they are priceless.

I can't in my lifetime EVER see me parting with.

I may not have a lot of money BUT I appreciate how fortunate I am to own and apreciate some of these records.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Well i have 2 records on my wall that i really like, won't tell you but my record i pride on is Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher LP when i found out that with Open The Door To Your Heart on it i was like that's what i want and also my Westlife singles on 7" vinyl record 2 of them which i would never sell.

Social source share

Guest bertie97

THE KITTENS WAIT A MINUTE- VICK .I LOVE IT. BOUGHT OF NEWTON HEATH MARKET MANCHESTER FOR THE GRAND SUM OF 25p

Edited by bertie97
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I am definetly in a selling part of my collecting life right now.

But 3 will never be sold.

Gail Anderson - Be Proud, you are in Love (White Demo)

Valerie Lamar - Shame, it took so long to find, and an inadvertent email to a radio 2 producer put me on the right track.

And of course the Rufus Lumley LP

Social source share

Guest espo

Got a few but timothy Wilson --I must love you wont ever be sold----Takes me on a nostalgia trip every time----my copy still smells of Brut

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I KNOW WHERE YOUR COMING FROM ROGER :yes:

I AM CONSTANTLY CHOPPING AND CHANGING AND IF I CAN BUY AND SELL ONE OR TWO TO BETTER MY COLLECTION THEN THATS AN AFFORDABLE WAY OF GOING.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

back in the late 70,s got a tape from ian clarke with a track on it by newsounds called bet you never thought about it, soon got the 45, loved it ever since,dont know why but even seeing or hearing the record takes me back to when life was a lot more simpler less stressfull,

still got my copy thats gone through

3 house moves

3 kids

2 careers

18 jobs

1 breakdown

15 cars

expanding waist

receeding hair

depression

music in other formats than vinyl

people who like cornel gunther

and all that, the record is worth £15 on price guides and well reccomended :yes:

priceless !!!! :yes:

Social source share

Though I'd also like to keep the Archies - Sugar Sugar.

(and Anorak's this is famous for what? Clue #2 /#1)

I would say, with the clue, entering the UK charts at No. 2, and then going to No. 1?

However, it's also famous for the following:

- A one-hit wonder. They had no other hits in the UK.

- It was originally written for The Monkees. They rejected it.

- It was also one of, at least, five UK No. 1s by a fictitious act. The other 4 are

- Do The Bartman - The Simpsons

- Teletubbies Say Eh-Oh - Teletubbies

- Can We Fix It - Bob The Builder

- Mambo No. 5 - Bob The Builder

and, most importantly.........

- It's also famous for stealing the main backing riff from "Come On And Stop"!!

Not many people know that!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest 50box

so come on what and why.

bearsy.

I`m not a nostalgic person, but the ones friends gave me, especially with names & numbers on the sleeves will be in the house clearance & down the boot sale

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!