Taj Mahal Lot Of Love Columbia Help

Guest Voodoo

Can anyone help me finding details about this record. Taj Mahal 'A lot Of Love' Columbia.

I sent away for it years ago..can't remember where from.I am selling some records and want to list them on eBay. I never got into the serious side of collecting and have limited knowledge.

It has printed not written marks on the deadwax ZSP150073-1C

Corinna on the other side.

I Have attatched 2 pics.

Thankyou

post-29708-0-18683500-1361537675_thumb.j

post-29708-0-01441000-1361537690_thumb.j

Social source share

Thankyou ...stupid question but ...how do you know it is an original ? what features makes it an original ? And can you recommend a site where i could find this information out myself rather than trouble other people. Bear in mind i don't know much about records.

Social source share

Great....i now believe you know everything !!! :yes: I will try the sites you have recommended.The thing is my records aren't that great..i don't think i'll come up with any really rare ones...but you never know. Thank you again

Social source share

I know it's an original because it was never reissued on that label, it was reissued on Columbia Special Products label, totally different design.

Also because I know everything :lol:

Anyway nobody minds answering questions...it's what makes it a good site.

John Manships last price guide (not the new one) is the best book for showing how to identify pressings.

But you can also use sites like www.popsike.com to see what originals look like.

If you get stuck, send me 20 titles at a time (artist, title, label) and I'll tell you what you need to know.

Strange, but I couldn't see one on popsike (which surprised me and made me think I'm rubbish at searching).

However, JM has it listed on his site. £50 for the issue, £40 for the demo, £15 for the CSP.

That will give Voodoo an idea of what the re-issue looks like.

(p.s. I wouldn't expect to sell you records at the same price as JM. No offence to JM or Voodoo :) )

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/search/Artist/MAHAL%252C%2BTAJ/all/1

Cheers

Kev Bod

Social source share

Great....i now believe you know everything !!! :yes: I will try the sites you have recommended.The thing is my records aren't that great..i don't think i'll come up with any really rare ones...but you never know. Thank you again

Yes but you never know, some records were available 30 years ago for £1, £2, and they are now £200...you may be surprised. On the other hand, you may have a load of old junk LOL but the fact you have an original Taj Mahal is a start..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yeah...i have already put some on eBay...and i can't believe it ...there is one, Frank Wilson Do i Love You on Motown...and its up to £15

already ! Still there's a tinge of regret in selling them though....bit sacrilegious.But i don't play or look at them anymore...no point keeping them...and although the thrill of being a new seller on eBay is good ...its not really about the money...its just nice to know something you have and has meant so much in the past is wanted by someone else.

Social source share

Yeah...i have already put some on eBay...and i can't believe it ...there is one, Frank Wilson Do i Love You on Motown...and its up to £15

already ! Still there's a tinge of regret in selling them though....bit sacrilegious.But i don't play or look at them anymore...no point keeping them...and although the thrill of being a new seller on eBay is good ...its not really about the money...its just nice to know something you have and has meant so much in the past is wanted by someone else.

What's your seller name on ebay?

Social source share

epiblema ...strange i know...its the name of a micro moth..mmmh

I found you - you've got a mixed bag of originals and reissues...Don Varner, Sandra Phillips, Benny Sigler are reissues, Spyder Turner is orig but only a £10 record, Jimmy Conwell I can't tell from the scan but if real, £40 plus, Little Richard is original £15 or so, 4 Below Zero 12" is rare nowadays, again anything from £30 to £50. Frank Wilson, well that can go from anything from £20 to £100, depends if some nutter bids on it.

Good luck with them anyway.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!