Dance To Anything

doe's antbody out there feel the same as me that if you can dance to soul you can dance to anything,or is it just myself that finds that the intrigate footsteps we can do to soul music can end up making us dance with the best on any music scene.

myself personally av ad people saying what a good dancer i am at every day night clubs dancing to todays music which believe me i find hard work

i just can't help myself but bring my soul foot steps into the music of today all though i aint dancing what i would call soul but the compliments i've recieved well makes me proud even more to be on the soul scene

i'd love to hear what you lot av to say out there if you've been to clubs of the scene and ended up like myself doing the footwork but jazzing it up a bit to suit the music of todays generation

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

doe's antbody out there feel the same as me that if you can dance to soul you can dance to anything,or is it just myself that finds that the intrigate footsteps we can do to soul music can end up making us dance with the best on any music scene.

myself personally av ad people saying what a good dancer i am at every day night clubs dancing to todays music which believe me i find hard work

i just can't help myself but bring my soul foot steps into the music of today all though i aint dancing what i would call soul but the compliments i've recieved well makes me proud even more to be on the soul scene

i'd love to hear what you lot av to say out there if you've been to clubs of the scene and ended up like myself doing the footwork but jazzing it up a bit to suit the music of todays generation

Personally unable to see how the style of dancing on the northern soul scene could be adapted and used to dance to say chart/night club stuff etc. For me it goes deeper than just dancing it's a way of expressing my passion and love for the music and come's from the very heart and soul of you, in other word's actual feel the music - not just listen. :lol:

Because of this everybody develope's their own style and you seldom see 2 dancer's dancing the same.

I noticed you only mention in your post soul music which in that case cover's a wider area of music so general dance move's would be more adaptable. :rolleyes:

Karen

Social source share

:lol:

Soul "Tea Dance" Allnighter

featuring the sounds of Victor Sylvester and Joe Loss Big Band

CANT SEE IT

our dancing when I could do it was from our inner ego so we dance to express

Other dance such as waltz Fox Trot,Samba are more defined they can adapt to Soul dance but the other way round to uniform

Imo

:rolleyes::lol:

Social source share

"doe's antbody out there feel the same as me that if you can dance to soul you can dance to anything"

No

"or is it just myself that finds that the intrigate footsteps we can do to soul music can end up making us dance with the best on any music scene"

Yes

Social source share

sorry cant find the original advert to post up but a couple of weeks ago in the derby evening telegraph appeared a want ad for a northern soul dancing partner aged 40-50 to go to events, the advert was headed by a "fist" thing northern symbol, come dancing ere we come

Social source share

Always wondered where my dancing stile came from :D . When I used to go to a Disco in the midd late 70s :lol::lol:laugh.gif:D , had no rhythm for the disco danc music wink.gif ,so when I started going to the soul night, just had the right moves... odd that :thumbsup::thumbsup: .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!