Articles: Margaret Little - Her Story

Andy Rix

once again andy, you deliver, chapter & verse...that had to be a fascinating conversation with a melancholy outcome...i can imagine she must have been overwhelmed, along with her family, hearing the recordings after long decades of being without a copy let alone remembering what the songs sounded like. i think she did a great job and her attributes should be respected...you have managed to dot the i's and cross the t's..as only you can do...and yes, it is a brilliant tune, typical of the underdog, making a pitch in the shadow of motown,..one seriously rare record that slipped through the cracks but as a result of its lease of life across the pond, has effected a heartwarming story.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The Rix meister does it again...absolutely fantastic, Andy, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the time & effort you put in to these projects & for sharing with us mere mortals, its because of people like you Andy, that these people can eventually gain the proper respect they deserve for thier work & hopefully realise what pleasure they have given....

Just brilliant, thank you

Russ

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest recordhound

That is some serious research Andy and hats off to you. Very interesting reading and such a great tune. Best, Steve

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!