Which Was Played First?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

the bari track or i miss my baby by rose batiste?

im sure its the latter but just intrigued to know..

regards

To my knowledge it was Bari Track which goes way back to Wigan and before. Most of us didn't know there was a vocal until much later and it was bootlegged first on Sousan's Soul Galore label. The original appeared on Sound Impressions label whereas Rose Batiste was on Revilot. Don't know which of these was actually released first though I'm afraid.

It was the same with Luther Ingram where "Exus Trek" was played long before "....All The Same....". Instrumentals were a lot more to the fore back then.

Of course, others may know more........

John.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Bob Foster, from Llandudno had the vocal Bari Track in his collection in 1972. :yes:
He also had Bari track at this time as well, and it certainly wasn't covered up in 1976 that's a cert. :yes: Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Well, I might just be showing my age here but as far as I remember Rose Battiste was spun pre 73 for the "Hit and Run" side : Cats,Torch and Va Va vintage. Certainly is a great double sider.

The Bari Track was certainly spun at the Mecca - so many records got a first airing at Blackpool and were then picked up on by Wigan - I was a regular at both in the early days and I've always thought of it first being a Levine/Curtis spin.

No doubt that it was a fave at Wigan though.

Take care

John

Social source share

Well, I might just be showing my age here but as far as I remember Rose Battiste was spun pre 73 for the "Hit and Run" side : Cats,Torch and Va Va vintage. Certainly is a great double sider.

The Bari Track was certainly spun at the Mecca - so many records got a first airing at Blackpool and were then picked up on by Wigan - I was a regular at both in the early days and I've always thought of it first being a Levine/Curtis spin.

No doubt that it was a fave at Wigan though.

Take care John

Bari Track was among the first lot of records, that were imported to Britain

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Bari Track was among the first lot of records, that were imported to Britain

...............err............never seen it on a 78.................. :yes::yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!