Cre-Shendos On Aquarius Deadwax

boba
Followers 0

Posted

Can anyone who has a green print label of the cre-shendos on aquarius, this version:

https://www.popsike.com/RARE-NORTHERN-45-CRESHENDOS-on-AQUARIUS/4830157287.html

give me details of the deadwax on both sides? I would greatly appreciate it. There are at least two presses of this, I have two presses on the regular label, trying to see if there's a third press. Thanks in advance.

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

here you go, green & gold label design

youre still on my mind side deadwax - 1234-8 "still on my mind" sls rw

this must be love side deadwax - 1235-8 this must be love sls rw

any good

russ

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Thanks so much, this really really helps and does answer my question. I've been told that the green label print is a different version. I ended up getting a different version (30 seconds longer on the ballad side and the northern side skips on some turntables) but it's the regular black print label. The dead wax you just listed matches the common white label version, so that disproves that at least all of the green label print versions are alternate masters. The dead wax on the alternate version is this:

This must be love: Boola Boola X3382 SLS RW

You're still on my mind: 1234-8 "StiLL ON My MIND" SLS RW

The you're still on my mind dead wax exactly matches on both presses, it's the same plates. So I guess there are just some presses (which you can't tell by label color as they exist on the black print label and *might* exist on the green print label) that have a longer ballad side. These are the presses with the Boola Boola in the dead wax. Thanks again!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Do all the pressings sound like trebly shite? Don't get me wrong, I like the music alright, but always thought something went terribly wrong in the engineering booth.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Do all the pressings sound like trebly shite? Don't get me wrong, I like the music alright, but always thought something went terribly wrong in the engineering booth.

I never noticed. You're talking about the ballad side right?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Both sides, I thought, were all treble. I remembered having to turn the bass all the way up and the treble way down to make it sound OK.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Both sides, I thought, were all treble. I remembered having to turn the bass all the way up and the treble way down to make it sound OK.

must admit ive had 2 x black and gold label designs and have the green/gold in my collection none with any sound problems, regards the label

viarations i only realised just before i sold a black/gold label that the flip sides are slightly different versions.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

must admit ive had 2 x black and gold label designs and have the green/gold in my collection none with any sound problems, regards the label

viarations i only realised just before i sold a black/gold label that the flip sides are slightly different versions.

Thanks again for your help. Just to clarify, only some of the black print label are different on the ballad side, some are the same as the green print. The longer version is the one with the "boola boola" deadwax.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I have a white background (with gold "stars" and constellation lines) with black print, having the Boola Boola etched, and X-3382 on "This Must Be Love", and with 1234-8 etched in the wax on "You're Still On My Mind".

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Mine's the Black text/gold stars with the BOOLA BOOLA deadwax.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Thanks everyone, more confirmation / evidence that there are two different runs that vary only in the ballad side.

soul source url
Social source share
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Can anyone tell me what price I should be asking for one of these, black lettering?

* not to worry just seen a price

Edited by Pete S
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. Contacts,cre-shendos, Etc
    Record Sales by John Elias on Wed 07 Feb 2018