A Snapshot In Time: Soul Sam's St. Ives Sounds 1977

Garethx

Soul Sam's St. Ives Tunes in 1977

"Mirwood Men" "My Girl's Angry" (cover-up) The best stomper I've heard this year.

"Johnny Moore" "The One You Love" (cover-up) Already massive at St. Ives. a tremendous mid tempo handclapping sound.

Ellingtons "Destined To Become A Loser" Very fast out and out Northern classic with more exposure could take over where the Jewels left off.

"Len Barry" "Turn Off The Music" (cover-up) A classic mid tempo item and also a perfect finishing record for any venue.

"Barbara Mills" "The Harder They Fall" another floater with a very catchy tune. Another massive sound at St. Ives.

Blue Sharks "These Things Will Keep Me Loving You"

Ellusions "You Didn't Have To Leave"

Eddie Regan "Playing Hide and Seek"

Sequins "Too Much Lovin'"

Billy Watkins "The Ice Man"

Mary Saxton "Take My Heart"

An interesting insight into what Sam was playing then and what he thought about some of them. Some of the cover-ups have gone on to be acknowledged classics, while others are maybe memories best forgotten.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Johnny moore c/u is Eddie Garrigan - i wish i was - fontana , Len Barry c/u - Chris serf - sweet music - amy , Barbara mills c/u - Fabulettes - the bigger they are -monument. Mirwood men c/u - servicemen - are you angry - wind hit

Sam certainly had some dodgy moments at St ives

Edited by midnight brew
Social source share

Johnny moore c/u is Eddie Garrigan - i wish i was - fontana , Len Barry c/u - Chris serf - sweet music - amy , Barbara mills c/u - Fabulettes - the bigger they are -monument.

Sam certainly had some dodgy moments at St Ives

he has some now :lol: but the likes of chris serf was just so right at the time

Social source share

Johnny moore c/u is Eddie Garrigan - i wish i was - fontana , Len Barry c/u - Chris serf - sweet music - amy , Barbara mills c/u - Fabulettes - the bigger they are -monument. Mirwood men c/u - servicemen - are you angry - wind hit

Sam certainly had some dodgy moments at St Ives

remember well sam playing chris serf, went straight out and brought a packet to wash me sweaty baggy trousers & tank top.......great days great wash and what sweet music Edited by russoul1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!