News: Richard Street (ex Temptations and Monitors) Sad News

amazing vocal clarity this man posessed...a clutch of northern soul classics to his name, a true devotee to music who could be stood up and counted...just dovetailed emmaculately from group to group...and now another awesome voice is silent....god now has another soulful string to his bow...r.i.p. richard

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes More sad news .. First Met Richard back in 2006 but it was a couple of years later when i really got to know him thanks to Joe Pep Harris . Richard worked at Thelma's records With Joe and gave The Fabulous Peps There Name ... as stated above The Monitors and The Tempations became Richard's music legacy . I will miss The phone calls ..especailly trying to talk Richard into going on stage one more time to do The Monitors stuff he Knew my plans ..But sadley never happend . RIP Richard Sreet your music will live on and you being part of a History that will out live us all .

Social source share

I remember Andy Rix had just come back from the states and played me a then totaly unknown track by the Monitors - Crying in the night-that magical voice of Richard Street just blew me away. RIP Richard.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!