Perk Badger Suncut

Guest Dan45

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

His real name is Pearstine Badger and his first recordings were as Mr Percolator. I think Perk’s Badger's got a bit more going for it that either of his other names.

Back on track, does anyone know if both releases of Do Your Stuff are the same version on both records (the A-sides)?

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

What kind of name is that to launch yourself as a superstar, Perk Badger?

Dunno, but didn't he sing "Gene Pitneys Aardvarks got Lumbago"?

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Guest Dan45

thought you had this?!

remember listening to a podcast of yours (im sure it was yours!!) a few years back and it had it on?

The one I had on the mix was the one on HITBOUND! :)

Social source share

Guest Dan45

Back on track, does anyone know if both releases of Do Your Stuff are the same version on both records (the A-sides)?

two different versions! On the Hitbound recording, there is a ballad on the flip, suncut has "do your stuff" spitted into part 1 and 2 on it.

Social source share

One Woman Man is a great piece of soul

always reminds me on Bob Marleys "No Woman No Cry"...wouldnt be too surprised if "One Woman Man" was the orig source of inspiration for this Reggae classic.

The Suncut version is much more soulful than the Hitbound version and has been in my playbox since a good four years or so..fabulous tune

https://soundcloud.com/hip-city-soul-club/perk-badger-and-the-rising

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

actually I used to have two copies, sold one. A year later the buyer in need for money sold it back to me and I sold the spare on to a friend of mine here in Berlin. he seldomly sells but if you let me know your offer via pm I can and will ask him for you.. no big hope though as judging by the fact that he ALWAYS asks me to play that tune when I am deejaying and gets pissed off really BIG TIME if I dont play it lets me believe he really digs it big time LOL

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Source Advert