Ebay Dilemma - Leave Positive Feedback Or Not?

Benji

Bought a record on Ebay which turned out to be in much worse condition than advertisted. Returned record and got full refund incl. return postage.

Now, do I leave positive feedback or neutral? I'm pretty indecisive what to do. I mean, seller acted very reasonable. On the other hand DSR show he's a bad record grader so should I warn other potential buyers by leaving a neg?

Any opinions?

NB: didn't think I'd ever use Soul Source as an agony aunt.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thanks for your replies. As said bit of dilemma for me. On one hand good communication and full refund, on the other hand frequently poor grading

If it had seemed a genuine one-off mistake about grading, I might be more inclined to leave no feedback at all. But as seller has a record of poor grading, neutral feedback would seem fair. I don't think you owe any favours for good communication and full refund including return postage. Seller unnecessarily caused you the hassle of returning the record, and possibly anxiety about being ripped off.

The feedback system only works if buyers are prepared to honestly report their experiences. If you would feel personally awkward about leaving a 'neutral' rating, you could rate 'positive', refer to the refund for wrong condition in the comments, and give very low score for 'item as described' in in the anonymous Detailed Seller Ratings.

Social source share

I can't believe you're seriously considering leaving negative feedback when you got a full refund and the seller was helpful etc...leave negative feedback for genuine bad experiences. The seller has tried to do the right thing, hoping to avoid negative feedback - try and see it the other way round, if he knew you were going to neg him, he wouldn't have been so reasonable and wouldn't have refunded you

Social source share

I don't really see what the fuss is, you bought a record, you returned it because of condition, the seller gave you a full refund inc postage, communication was good, I really don't think you should bring in other people's transactions and experiences with the seller into the equation, feedback is about your experience and should reflect that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!