Re Records Shops Or Flea Markets Worth Visiting In Houston

• Replies 7
  • Views 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

theres about 4-5 shops in town ,many have no soul stuff at all ,i did find 1 in central Houston that had boxes of $1 material ,and hopefully i sorted through it but it was all well scratched and rubbish ,and not even of a good vintage .

i would say Houston is not good for anything decent ,although there was a few reasonable LPs on the racks and fare prices..

i was dissapointed ,but really its 20 years too late 

i did find some decent CDs at ok prices though 

Edited by sceneman
Social source share

Houston's a fun city but I never found jack shit there. Maybe I was having too much fun not looking properly but that never affected me elsewhere. Not a key city for me.

Wrong demographic over the last 40 years I wonder......? :g:

I couldn't even stumble into any decent Backbeat or Sure Shot records which I thought was weird.......

Ian D :D

Social source share

Pretty much the same for me....I did find a couple of copies of harder Duke stuff, but it was seriously hard work...but Im sure theyll be stuff there, just a case of doin ya home work, diggin deep n an element of luck...how about startin with the UNI Radio station...?

Best Russ

Social source share

i was staying wi my cousins in Houston and they drove me round to all the records shops , and they were astonished and gob smacked that such places existed still ,and theyre in their 50s and were brought up in Houston .

as we walked round the shop they were wide eyed in amazement at the old vinyl records on the racks ,so long was it that they had seen and used them .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!