News: The Moods Of Millie Jackson

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Although I have all these wonderful tracks on the albums ie Caught Up etc this will still be a "must" buy for me. I'm all moist thinking about numerous car journeys with this on

Up there with the very best that soul music has to offer.

Social source share

I bought Ask Me What you Want on holiday in Lloret De Mar in 1972, not really knowing anything about Millie. I was completely knocked out by the B side I Just Can't Stand it. From then I purchased virtually all her albums up to and including her Country one and the one with Isaac Hayes and saw her twice at the Manchester Apollo.

Would have liked to have seen If You're Not Back In Love By Monday and Summer( The First Time ) included, but like Dave and Jaco say, this is a must buy with not a dud track.

Well done Ady and Sean .

Steve

Social source share

For me the 'Caught up' albums remain the greatest concept albums of all time.

I will never forget the first time I heard "I still love you (you still love me" - the ending is just amazing and I still get goose bumps listening to it.

Social source share

For me the 'Caught up' albums remain the greatest concept albums of all time.

I will never forget the first time I heard "I still love you (you still love me" - the ending is just amazing and I still get goose bumps listening to it.

Got to agree 2 great albums that still do it today ,the first one totally changed my musical direction from northern to the deeper side of things and after that there was no turning back for me .  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I first purchased "Caught Up" in 1974 ( R&B Album of the year) -

and I have been playing it ever since- I agree it is the best concept Album of all time- even better than Ziggy Stardust and Diamond Dogs Concepts - which are also in my all time fave play list (Yes us soulies do like other genres)

Millie's cover of Elvis's Loving Arms from " Still Caught Up" is in my opinion the best version of this great song, she sings it with pure passion

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chalky.

And thanks everyone for all your comments.

Like many of you, I too bought 'Caught Up' back in '74 - and it was a life changing acquisition.

Soul fans owe Millie Jackson (and those behind the album and its sequel) a real debt of gratitude.

Showcasing her finest, most Soulful, ballads for the 'Moods' project was no easy task, but it has certainly been a privilege.

Hot off the press, the first package dropped through the mailbox this morning and it truly is a thing of great beauty - and that's even before it slides into the deck!

Ace / Kent have done a magnificent job with the graphics, editing and overall appearance of the package, doing great justice to the incredible music within.

Birthday presents solved, for everyone I buy for, for the forseeable future.

It's out, in store and online, from this coming Monday - 25th March 2012. 

I hope you will enjoy it.

Cheers and thanks again.

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!