Micky Cruise Rip

Guest Mrs M

The World and the Toon Army are now sadder places with your loss my

friend,but so much richer too have had your grace. RIP to a top geordie lad. You will sadly be missed by all,deepest condolences to your nearest and dearest,may gods perpetual light shine upon you. 544 gang

• Helpful 1
Social source share

had the pleasure of seeing Mickey again when he came up home for his Birthday and to see Trusty, had a great nite chewin over old times and loads of laughs ,will never forget you mate ,sleep well - Gordie

Social source share

Guest tomaokeh

R.I.P Micky

You have left so many great memories.I cant help thinking of the time at Fleetwood weekender 3am Chillo Mick and myself having a great rant 3 Geordies taking the piss out of each other as we had not saw each other for ages and the crack just flowed

R.I.P. mate

Our thoughts with your family

Mandy & Toma

Social source share

An absolute gentleman and one of the people you meet in your life and will never forget, such is the impression he left you with, 

We had many hours of discussion about records and labels over the years and his knowledge and taste was second to none,

Luckily I saw Mickey a few Months ago at Taste Of Honey which was great but he will be greatly missed from all who new him,

Our thoughts are with Annie and Mickeys family,

Keith & Sandra 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What sad news to hear..

I can see you now sat in our living room ranting over the events of the previous night.. such a wonderful kind man.. rest in peace Micky  and give a hug to Judy when you see her two mad hatters together.

Our thoughts are with you Annie at this sad time.

Denise and Brian Gunshorn

Edited by deejay 09
Social source share

Guest ackers

Just recalling all the great  tips micky used to pass on, there wasn,t a bad one among them,

A short friendship fondly remembered,

R.I.P Micky Cruise.

Paul and Jayne

Social source share

When my best friend died ( Shawy ) a few years ago,,, Micky was lovely to me,, its something il never forget,,, you can see how much the main Rare Soul Scene thought of Micky by all the reaction on here and Facebooke etc,,, He was a guy with amazing knowledge about the music we all too ,,, we will all remember him with a warm smile and remember the moments when he touched our lives!1

God Bless You Micky Cruise  sleep well bro

My deepest Condolences and to All of the Family too

RIP - REPECT

Nige Brown Stafford 

Social source share

Guest tmg555

A True Northern Soulie, A Character, A Bad Boy At Times, Lived Life Close To The Edge.....But A Dead Good .All Round Bloke.!!!...Always A Smile On His Face,  Alway's a Facinating Set Of Records To Look At......." But l Am Not Selling It " He would Say.....And He Won't Anymore......Mickey l Will Miss You.

Brian Rae

post-6580-0-97242900-1362445908_thumb.jp

Edited by tmg555
Social source share

Guest TRIKER

R.I.P me old m8, No doubt u will have them smiling & laughing up there! till we meet again ,sleep tight my friend. Cysga dawel! My thoughts are with Little Annie and family. God bless xxx D.J,

Social source share

Not sure, when i first met Mickey, Possibly Blackburn Empress Ballrooms in the later eighties ( if i remember rightly, went up about 30 flights of stairs to a flat, where his then girlfriend either made and sold jewelry, or just sold it..)  Did a bit of travelling with him, here and there, on a few occassions, Laughing most of the way.  Was really great seeing him again, at Lowton civic hall, same twisted sense of humour, same cheeky glint.  Then he was off again bending the ear of the next friend, then the next and the next.   Always remember thinking when he entered the dancefloor, it looked like his leading foot was on wheels..  Lucky to have met the man, he will always have a place in my memory until alzheimers kicks in, at least.  

Goodnight Mickey!!

Mike.

Social source share

all the above comments and the people who left them ,mostly the bedrock of  the niter  scene tell you all about mickey .........that mad grin as he advanced across the room towards you ........ "oh know its mickey "  you thought .........and  then you did the same daft grin  !!!!!!! ....ezzie

Social source share

Guest coltaylor1

One of the scenes great characters.  Always up for a laugh. Willing to talk records or chat rubbish.

see you Mickey

Col 

Social source share

Guest Brocky

Gosh such sad news. Micky was only person I know, who could remember and sing along with me to all the middle school songs we could remember. All my love and thoughts are with you Annie and both your family and friends. Thinking of you all loads. Jo xxx

Social source share

Guest micky p

me and micky go back a long way ! about 78ish ! we all used to go all over the country to nighters and the last one i seen him at was black friars ! in about 2000 i think ! we were good pals until we fell out a long time ago over something daft then he ended up going to live in wigan ! we made up the last time i seen him as bad air does not make for a good night or life ! ! another passionate soulie has gone to join tony connoly.jeff pattinson.smartey and horny,but to name a few !  all the northeast soul fraternity will be gutted that another one of us has gone R.I.P MICKY !!!!

Social source share

Guest Geordie Martin

Am as saddened and stunned as everyone else,last saw Micky at Trusty's 50th in Gateshead but didn't know he was that unwell.

I'm not sure when I met Mickey for the first time, but kept on seeing him at Newcastle away matches and allnighters late 70's early 80's. I can honestly say that from the moment we struck up our first conversation, I knew I'd met a kindred spirit. Sooo many funny tales to tell, I can't stop smiling as I think of time spent in his company.

Though I haven't been anywhere other than local soul nights for past 20 yrs, i'm gutted that the possibility of bumping into Micky has gone. It wasn't so much that he lit up a room, more that he lit up something inside of everyone he knew and I shall miss him and his humour more than I can put into words.

A real privilege to know you kidder, god bless.

Geordie Martin.  

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest MC Little Anne

Hi Geordie Martin , Micky Did mention when he got back from Trusty's do that he had seen you and that it was great to have seen you there .  Was just reading your message above and was thinking ... What a lovely message . Take care Martin and hope to may be see you out somewhere in the future . Annie x

Social source share

Hi Geordie Martin , Micky Did mention when he got back from Trusty's do that he had seen you and that it was great to have seen you there . Was just reading your message above and was thinking ... What a lovely message . Take care Martin and hope to may be see you out somewhere in the future . Annie x

Funny Annie, we both must have had him in our heads this past week. It's the first time I've read this whole thread but it's made me so very proud. So many kind words and so many honest comments too which made me smile. And whoever posted the pic of him in the purple check shirt, thank you. I bought him that Ralph Lauren, we were at the first Cleethorpes weekender in the early 9t's. He kicked off the dancing on the Saturday night to You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - The Gentleman Four but then got stuck on a door handle and ripped it. I wasn't best pleased but what a fabulous weekend. It's the good memories that make me smile x

Social source share

Sincere apologies for not seeing this...X I haven't had time to catch up with all the threads for weeks...and I had never seen it since frequenting the SS forums over the past year or so....X I didn't know...X

MC was one of theeee 'lads' that always came over as we arrived at A/N's through the 90's and always encouraging as well as opinionated. I respected his opinions and pi**ed meself over many of them. You are all characters....it's why I love the scene and promote it wherever I go. But when you have all acknowledged him as you have.....then it is clear he was 'unique' among uniqueness. I felt that....and always looked forward to his greets. Thanx for the memory's Micky....and I thank all you Geordies who I had the privilege to meet whilst on the scene.....you all add a dimension to the scene I frequented in the 90's and do around the UK I find. Take Micky's spirit wherever you go and I believe his life would have been of use to us all...X True success is based on how many folks lives you impact in a positive way. Micky was clearly one of the most successful Soulies the scene has had...X My final thoughts go out to his family and close friends.....I feel for you...X Annie...I apologise!x Most of you Ladies of characters like Micky end up being 'widows' before your time!x...U know wot us fella's are like!x I don;t recall meeting you and sorry if I did and have forgotten!x I remember you here and now....you have a 'family' that obviously is here for you and yours on the scene. A man's life is spent providing security and warmth for his family....in theory. Micky has done his best...and done well with it as all the accolades present...enjoy your future Annie among your own....X

LUV
SOOTY
X

R.I.P Micky....naaaa bo**ox.........do ure thing mate.......it sounds too calm up there for my liking!x

@@
~

......aaaawwwwaaaaaay theeee laaaad....X

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!