Bill Swift Rip - Funeral Details / Celebration Of Bills Life

It's with a heavy heart I make this post.

My mate through music, football and the Newcastle taxi trade connections passed away today.

Bill's love of soul music and Newcastle United was well known throughout the land.

My condolences go out to his family.

My respect goes out to yet another soul and football brother, I can no longer have a bit of crack with.

I was so priviledged when he asked me to do a set along with Davey and Matty at his birthday party last year. RIP Bill.

Tony Fiddes

I have been asked by Bills family to let the soul community have the following -

Funeral -

Tuesday 19th March at 11.15am St Johns Church - Birtley DH3 2PJ

Then -

Birtley Crematorium DH3 1PQ for 12.00

Then -

All welcome at the Barley Mow Club on Vigo Lane DH3 2AW to celebrate Bills life.

Thank you.

Edited by NUFCSOUL
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Really saddened by this news - it's been a really sad couple of weeks for those who grew up on the Soul scene on Tyneside . Bill Swift was a big influence for many of us growing up in the 70s on Tyneside and a larger than life old style Soul scene character RIP Billy

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

One can only echo the above sentiments. Billy was a huge influence on so many, whenever he ventured out. It was a privilege to have been in his company, even outside of our music.

Rest In Peace - Billy.   

Social source share

I have known Bill for 40 years and when his daughter Victoria phoned me on Thursday to say he was very ill my heart sank. The news earlier today was a blow. As Manus said a big influence on many of us, particularly in the early days when it wasn't trendy, just a passion that never waned, only grew. Sad, sad loss of a true soul fan.

Frankie McCue

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest ackers

Sad news indeed, Bill allways had his finger in one of the soul pies in the North East!

Great Character who will be a sad miss to many,

Rip Bill.

Social source share

I have been asked by Bills family to let the soul community have the following -

Funeral -

Tuesday 19th March at 11.15am St Johns Church - Birtley DH3 2PJ

Then -

Birtley Crematorium DH3 1PQ for 12.00

Then -

All welcome at the Barley Mow Club on Vigo Lane DH3 2AW to celebrate Bills life.

Thank you.

Tony Fiddes

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert