Sunday Saturation

I know this topic has been touched on before, particularly in relation to night do's and weekend events, but i have just looked on the events page for the end of the month.

WTF! HOW MANY EVENTS DO WE NEED OVER THE EASTER WEEKEND.

At one time there was only about 4 events maximum on any given sunday in each month but the 31st of March takes the piss for so called promotors jumping on the sunday soul bandwaggon.

Do we honestly need this amount of events vying for the limited amount of people who do venture out on a sunday?.

ROY

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Garry Huxley

as a young lad just starting work back in early 70s, i could only afford to go to one or two niters or dayers a month and was glad of a chance t chill out and listen to music with a few mates, this wasusually at the raven whitchurch the record player being behind the bar, usually only about half a dozen of us, and it was a chance to show off latest records, most of which were boots or junk shop finds, no advertising just mates.

now with power of the internet and sites like this its more visible, friday & saturdays were for the promoters, sundays were ours just locals who couldent afford to travel to the ones seen in echoes / blues & soul.

i dont see the problem with lots of local sunday soul.

spread the faith dont keep it

Garry

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!