I Know Its Been Done But... Volcanos Storm Warning

Olliewtf

So it seems theres not only alot of boots but alot of originals too... I have 2 copies... one is the white back with blue letters. This is a boot. ive just recieved what im sure is an original with blue back and black letters... the previous thread on this topic does not mention this version however... a while ago i posted up a want add for this record and was offered boots as originals so even though its a cheapie, its such a great tune and it would be great to have a comprehensive understanding of this record! cheers

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

So it seems theres not only alot of boots but alot of originals too... I have 2 copies... one is the white back with blue letters. This is a boot. ive just recieved what im sure is an original with blue back and black letters... the previous thread on this topic does not mention this version however... a while ago i posted up a want add for this record and was offered boots as originals so even though its a cheapie, its such a great tune and it would be great to have a comprehensive understanding of this record! cheers

Hi olliewtf 

Originals of this are Light Blue label with Dark Blue lettering moulded over label on vinyl

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Hi olliewtf 

Originals of this are Light Blue label with Dark Blue lettering moulded over label on vinyl

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

and theres no variants on that? mine is definitely blue label and black letters yet sound quality is far better than the more obvious boot.. any specific deadwax info? both simply have A-vol 3 scratched in...

Social source share

and theres no variants on that? mine is definitely blue label and black letters yet sound quality is far better than the more obvious boot.. any specific deadwax info? both simply have A-vol 3 scratched in...

I've just dug out mine

STORM WARNING side markings read A - VOL - 3 LW Virtue all etched in

"BABY" side marking read 1T VOL - 1 Virtue all etched in

Hope this helps you

This is the original

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

I've just dug out mine

STORM WARNING side markings read A - VOL - 3 LW Virtue all etched in

"BABY" side marking read 1T VOL - 1 Virtue all etched in

Hope this helps you

This is the original

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

strange... my more obvious boot has all this yet my new copy which i was sold as an original and sounds it does not. so i now have two boots it would appear. waht a bluddy ball ache. so would i be right in sayin there is only one definitive issue, blue on blue, and one definitive demo, one sided?

Social source share

strange... my more obvious boot has all this yet my new copy which i was sold as an original and sounds it does not. so i now have two boots it would appear. waht a bluddy ball ache. so would i be right in sayin there is only one definitive issue, blue on blue, and one definitive demo, one sided?

Yes 

I think the Blue label & Black lettering is a reissue is it on Styrene ?

Demo  White , Black lettering 

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

You need to see the "Laws Of Love" topic to solve this one.

Plus I don't think they are boots, I think they are Arctic reissues done from the original masters.

cheers pete although i think it may have left me even more confused aha... in my opinion (which is worth nothing btw) the two i own which are as follows: blue (darkish) with black letters seems a second issue as the sound quality is there (even though the VIRTUE is absent) and the white with blue lettering lord knows but the sound quality is slightly worse, a little distorted as if it were booted... just to add to the confusion, i have a Help wanted/ladys man which is blue on blue... original? the only thing is that and the white and blue storm warning were bought off one seller and he or previous owner scratched the name Klarkie into the deadwax as well, which at first made me assume Klarkie booted both but it seems more like it was a property thing... cheers for all the help and sorry to flog a dead horse!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!