How Much Would You Pay

if money was no object what would be the tune of your dreams and would you play it or would you wrap it up in cotton wool my choice would bill bush im waiting not many would choose this one i know. i don't even know how much i would have to pay to get hold of it.but i would deffo play it 

cant add it to this for some reason 

Social source share

Have you ever seen a photo of the Bill Bush Group ..They look like a turn from the local labour club in the 1970's LOL

Great tune tho

My tune would be Walter & the Admirations Man o Man love it to bits Ginger played the flip side that Pat Brady use to spin Life of Tears in the Redemption room Sat nite at Prestatyn sounded brilliant gud un Ging

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

how much ?

I bet Bill Bush is about a grand these days, although it's so unpopular now you could probably get it for a lot less if someone needed the money.

Me? I'd go for The Prophets - If I Had (One Gold Piece) - Shrine or The Combinations - What cha Gonna Do - Kellmac

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

The Bill Bush pic seems looks like it's about 5 years later than the record which is from '67/'68. They do look pretty much as I would have expected though!

As someone posted, this record has gone down in prices and sold for $800-ish a few times now. I got one off ebay for $300 and change and it's even centered properly - this was 3? years ago. The first couple times I played it here in Seattle I got more people asking about it than any other record I can think of.

Right now I would take Eddie Parker - I'm Gone. Runner up would probably be a tie between Gwen Owens - Wanted and Needed and CODs - She's Fire

Edited by George G
Social source share

I'm not too sure there's just one I'd purchase, there's so many that I want that I'm not too sure where I'd start.  However on a similar note, last year I received a PPI compensation payment, with which I was able to purchase a Demo copy of The Majestics - I Love Her So Much, that I would otherwise never been able to afford.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

firstly, bill bush is a grt tune, quirky, original, and highly dancable,  I'm amazed loads on here hate it with a passion.

my pick- well a couple of years ago I lusted after a host of tunes that fetch $$$$$$$! Nowadays I'd love to see how many tunes I could get for a few grand (if I had it to spare) a mix of 6ts through to things recorded in the 8ts would do. I'm sure I get far more pleasure  digging through a fresh pile of records every day for months than cherishing a couple of crown jewels.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

The Magees  on prelude.......plus  soul sounds unlimited....on june  + a couple of cliff camfields c/ups

could of had a bill bush off of pete hulatt   £40.00..........money well and truley saved

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

I bet Bill Bush is about a grand these days, although it's so unpopular now you could probably get it for a lot less if someone needed the money.

Me? I'd go for The Prophets - If I Had (One Gold Piece) - Shrine or The Combinations - What cha Gonna Do - Kellmac

Me too Matt, Prophets all day long, plus Combinations a very close second.

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Jean Carter is the best record I've

Jean Carter - "I wanna know".....proper Northern.

Got to be the best record ever.  Close second that John Harris.

Social source share

Ward Burton - Sweet Temptation

The reason Soul Music was invented. Ted has one and it flows from the Decks and Ouzes across the floor.

Never seen it for sale - Talking to folk and I should expect to pay at least £2,000

Edited by Tezza
Social source share

Never seen it for sale - Talking to folk and I should expect to pay at least £2,000

You can have Cressa Watson version on LP if you want to  save some money...now ,who has got one of those for sale...? :wicked: Off topic,what the hell. :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

You can have Cressa Watson version on LP if you want to  save some money...now ,who has got one of those for sale...? :wicked: Off topic,what the hell. :thumbup:

Just checked it out on You Tube !! Bit sweet, might have to play it a few times

• Helpful 1
Social source share

just bros acetate-go on and laugh ?

if i had a decent lottery win id pay 10k for that,maybe even more because it is absolutely beautiful soul music,it moves me to tears,stunning record !

jason

Must agree, it's so fuckin good it really make s me emotional - it is simply one of the best soul records I have ever heard in my life

Honestly, I'm so glad I'm not the only person it brings to tears

It's wonderful, just so bloody wonderful

Heard it about 20 years ago and still makes me feel the same now as it did then

Incredible soulful sound

Thanks Mr Dobson, thank you

• Helpful 1
Social source share

if money was no object what would be the tune of your dreams and would you play it or would you wrap it up in cotton wool my choice would bill bush im waiting not many would choose this one i know. i don't even know how much i would have to pay to get hold of it.but i would deffo play it 

cant add it to this for some reason 

Lillie Bryant - Meet me halfway................ :yes:

Social source share

just bros acetate-go on and laugh ?

if i had a decent lottery win id pay 10k for that,maybe even more because it is absolutely beautiful soul music,it moves me to tears,stunning record !

jason

I think there's a single Chris (Mark) Jackson acetate out there somewhere, meethunks that Tony Rounce had once it............................

Social source share

I'd love to own the Martha Jean Love cover up that Butch sometimes plays: That's The Way The Story Goes / Old Time Lover. Absolutely superb. I'd also like Jean Carter's I Wanna Know and United Sounds' It's All Over Baby and of course Joseph Webster and Mixed Feelings. Better put the house on the market!

Social source share

Court Davis for me...I'm lucky to have Simsys want.That I Wanna Know has been played for donkeys years by Butch..I remember it at the rarest of the rare niter at the Ritz in 2001.Amazing record.Isn't it on a UK blue Decca acetate.

That was my second all time want, and I managed to get that along with number three - Eric Mercury on Sac.

So many records, so little money.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!