Phylis Smith Frankford/wayne Acetate

Guest sharmo 1

Guest sharmo 1

Hi there I'm looking for a couple of frankford/wayne acetates that were around some time back having being found by dave Raistrick I have most of them but could use the other couple to complete the recording session many thanks Simon.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Are you sure it's Phylis Smith ? I know there was a Phylis Briggs. F/W acetate different take to ". I BEAR WITNESS " & THE DONTELLS whisper that to me acetate . Also found by Dave ....The Dynamic Sibblings I BEAR WITNESS / CAN'T TURN MY BACK ON YOU all found around the same time Simon . Just remembered " BERNIE WILLIAMS " on Frankford Wayne that was on Dave's sale list 85/86 period .

Regards Carl

Social source share

I remember buying the "Phyllis Briggs " off Dave for £ 50 the label though was'nt the RED / WHITE design . On the EVIL LEVEL it was right up there ! Had to send it back straight away ............be alright for the funky soul boys of today especially if they have a bad hearing problem ............COULD GO MASSIVE .

Edited by pumpkinseed
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Guy's yes it's Phyliss smith who was a bit of a session singer a c.d. came out some time back a sort of unissued tracks from the Joe Stevenson stables a few of them were of the acetates I have but not the same cut's that I have by the way was joe Stevenson Joe Adams ? as I have a great Frankford/wayne acetate called "l.o.v.e" which is a great Philli shuffler also found by Dave Raistrick best regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I remember buying the "Phyllis Briggs " off Dave for £ 50 the label though was'nt the RED / WHITE design . On the EVIL LEVEL it was right up there ! Had to send it back straight away ............be alright for the funky soul boys of today especially if they have a bad hearing problem ............COULD GO MASSIVE .There was another version by someone with just one name like Sandy or something this was blue acetate plastic very modern don't know what happened to that though .

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I got a couple of those Phyllis SMith's off of Dave years ago but I'll need to find them. Nothing special as I recall.....

Hi steve yes a couple of them were very basic soul tracks not northern or seventies missed them.See you Skeggy ? regards Simon.
Social source share