Village Choir "talk To Me Sometimes" Dcm

Guest SBOY

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

A tune of pain and angst what a vocal good luck finding one an essential listening

Absolutely Flanny. I bought an unknown Jamaican blank a few months back after hearing a few bars on a soundclip. It's bloody gorgeous, the guitar work and strings, in fact the whole production is simply sublime, but I didn't know who it was and it was bugging me. When Charlie put in his request for this I thought I don't know it, I wonder with a title like that if it could be my Jamaican blank. Guess what? it sure was. :rofl:  So thanks Charlie for accidently putting me out of my mysery!!

Jordi

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Absolutely Flanny. I bought an unknown Jamaican blank a few months back after hearing a few bars on a soundclip. It's bloody gorgeous, the guitar work and strings, in fact the whole production is simply sublime, but I didn't know who it was and it was bugging me. When Charlie put in his request for this I thought I don't know it, I wonder with a title like that if it could be my Jamaican blank. Guess what? it sure was. :rofl:  So thanks Charlie for accidently putting me out of my mysery!!

Jordi

Jamaican?? Was this the one on ebay with the labels missing? I thought it was the SCM copy.

Would be interested to know if it did come out there.

One of my all-time faves I started a mix with this recently. 

https://www.mixcloud.com/albertfish/bittersweet/

Social source share

Jamaican?? Was this the one on ebay with the labels missing? I thought it was the SCM copy.

Would be interested to know if it did come out there.

One of my all-time faves I started a mix with this recently. 

https://www.mixcloud.com/albertfish/bittersweet/

100% sure it came out on a Jamaican press.  Seen on ebay and nearly bought a copy going back 5 or 6 years.....it was too rough.  The one I remember was not a "blank" label as such, although there was no reference to the actual artist or title.

Suffice to say there is usually a US copy for sale cheap somewhere on the net......great tune.

Edited by tiberius
Social source share

Jordi

Not been listening to mixes Jordi?  :(

Edited by Mister Fish
Social source share

100% sure it came out on a Jamaican press.  Seen on ebay and nearly bought a copy going back 5 or 6 years.....it was too rough.  The one I remember was not a "blank" label as such, although there was no reference to the actual artist or title.

Suffice to say there is usually a US copy for sale cheap somewhere on the net......great tune.

It's definitely a Jamaican nice vinyl press. I bought a few reggae things from a guy that had 700+ Jamaican bits up on Ebay and this was also one I had. These all came from a DJ's collection I think as a lot of them had 'Siddys' written in marker pen on them. Actually, this is not blank as such, it has some vague odd imagery on it but no text whatsoever on either side

Edited by jordirip
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Actually, this is not blank as such, it has some vague odd imagery on it but no text whatsoever on either side

Vague imagery indeed.  If I remember correctly it almost looks like a label cut from the picture from a page of a magazine (not glossy) or something....not accurate but best way I can describe it.

Thinking back the one I almost bought had some text "stamped" on in ink.

Just looked on the net and without any bother found another SCM copy $5 NM condition..........never any need to pay much for this 45.   Just waiting for the seller to get back to me. :yes:

Social source share

Vague imagery indeed.  If I remember correctly it almost looks like a label cut from the picture from a page of a magazine (not glossy) or something....not accurate but best way I can describe it.

Yes, that's exactly it. I was going to say it looked like some random magazine picture stuck on as a label.

Social source share

Thinking back the one I almost bought had some text "stamped" on in ink.

Just looked on the net and without any bother found another SCM copy $5 NM condition..........never any need to pay much for this 45.   Just waiting for the seller to get back to me. :yes:

one day will be huge demand prob when dried up

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes, that's exactly it. I was going to say it looked like some random magazine picture stuck on as a label.

Thanks for confirming.  Pretty sure I saw a very clean copy on ebay in the last couple of years.  Problem being, if they don't include a sound file, it's hard to know what's actually on the disc.  I'm fairly confident it was the same 45 though given the unusual, possibly unique, label design.

Edited by tiberius
Social source share

one day will be huge demand prob when dried up

It obviously sold well, hence being picked up by Paramount.   You do see all conditions, some have been hammered.  I guess it's a case of dipping your bread when you see a nice copy with this one.  Still don't know if the original person posting the want bought a copy!

Edited by tiberius
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Sadly Bri .. this sound will never be massive mate ,it's got no appeal to anyone ,other than those who just like to listen to good soulful ,heartbreaking music !

Oh so SOUL fans ha there's 1000,s Of us around the world that listen to the real sound of soul regardless of the beat collectible desirable rather than massive should of been my term sorry Nev

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Wow. Just listened to this for first time and love it, thanks. Hope the order I've just placed at what looks to be very reasonable price works out okay.

Mr Goucher played their "Sweet hot lips" 45 out at our local event this Saturday just gone and that went down very well. Bit harder that one by the look of it! Just great.

Thanks, Steve.

Social source share

"Sweet hot lips" is good Steve, "Talk to me" is essential, regardless of price or profile (IMHO)

Kev

Pleased to say that a mint copy of "Talk to me" arrived through the door today from a very helpful and speedy French seller....I've just let it soak right through me a couple times nice n loud on the system and the world doesn't seem such a bad place after all. Just brilliant. Thanks to original poster...I hope you got one okay too?. Steve Edited by 71 Steve
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Pleased to say that a mint copy of "Talk to me" arrived through the door today from a very helpful and speedy French seller....I've just let it soak right through me a couple times nice n loud on the system and the world doesn't seem such a bad place after all. Just brilliant. Thanks to original poster...I hope you got one okay too?. Steve

Now thats out of the way and happily sorted, lets get everyone a Truth "Come back home" on Sounds of Cleveland, the amount of times I have come in pissed off with the music at a venue, then put the likes of Village Choir, New Birth-Wildflower (LP version) and Truth on the turntable to rekindle my belief that the world aint that bad, is quite alarming, dig it out if you've got it, hunt it down if you ain't got it

Kev

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Truth is definitely top notch deep soul Kev - awesome

First heard village VC from a great mate ( now sadly passed away) Barney Welsh mid 80's- he put me onto some great deep soul at the time, Oscar Perry among many

Great records for picking you up when you are down

Jim

:hatsoff2: Way to go Jim, its a bottomless pit aswell, we will never ever dry the well, hear something every week with the help of the great soul fans on here

Best Regards

Kev

Social source share

Now thats out of the way and happily sorted, lets get everyone a Truth "Come back home" on Sounds of Cleveland, the amount of times I have come in pissed off with the music at a venue, then put the likes of Village Choir, New Birth-Wildflower (LP version) and Truth on the turntable to rekindle my belief that the world aint that bad, is quite alarming, dig it out if you've got it, hunt it down if you ain't got it

deffo on a par with Village Q, always loved Truth

another in this vein is the awesome Tony Troutman I truly love you on gramaphon PURE

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A present from that nice man Gilly many years ago to me, one night at Stafford I think. Was always a stalwart of my early deep tapes. Just fantastic, and if we bring in Truth then we need to raise that to Smoke Im So Lonely, LP version.

Fantastic music, and all my early discoveries on the deep journey, thanks to people like Dave M, Eddie Hubbard, Barney etc etc

• Helpful 1
Social source share