Record Snapped By Royal Mail Help Wanted

Kegsy

Just had a photo from a buyer.

15 quid record completely snapped in half in post.

I know its not much money but its the principle.

Posted it 1st class large letter, in standard mailer with two stiffener boards.

Packge had "FRAGILE WITH CARE" and "PLEASE DO NOT BEND" stickers on it.

Never had the problem before.

Who claims me or the buyer ?.

If me, what evidence do I need ?

Is it worth the effort ?

Kegsy

Social source share

ittl take 6 months + and if you get anywhere theyll give you stamps to use with them. cheeky feckers. 

putting fragile on something is like a red rag to a bull. you only need one fool whos bored

Edited by JNixon
Social source share

Yes, You have to claim. You are within your rights ( I believe, not 100% sure on this ) to wait until you have been refunded before paying back the other side but I tend to stump up as technically its not their fault ! Always keep your Postal Receipt as proof, makes the process a lot easier.

I had several broken when they were held at the Sorting Office.  Now have them delivered to my Work Address as there is always someone around to receive.

I lost a Soul Brothers 6 on Atlantic Demo the same. Not massively expensive but what a waste of a good Record.  Now 1 less in the World to play !!

Edited by Tezza
Social source share

i think you have to claim off royal mail and standard post is insured to £30 so should be ok,might take a while though...

dean

ittl take 6 months + and if you get anywhere theyll give you stamps to use with them. cheeky feckers. 

putting fragile on something is like a red rag to a bull. you only need one fool whos bored

Yes, You have to claim. You are within your rights ( I believe, not 100% sure on this ) to wait until you have been refunded before paying back the other side but I tend to stump up as technically its not their fault ! Always keep your Postal Receipt as proof, makes the process a lot easier.

I had several broken when they were held at the Sorting Office.  Now have them delivered to my Work Address as there is always someone around to receive.

I lost a Soul Brothers 6 on Atlantic Demo the same. Not massively expensive but what a waste of a good Record.  Now 1 less in the World to play !!

Thanks for the replies lads.

Will I need the buyer to send record/packing etc back to me so I have proof.

kegsy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for the replies lads.

Will I need the buyer to send record/packing etc back to me so I have proof.

kegsy

Hi,

Yes or at least a Photograph of the Record and moreover the Packaging as it should show the damage, either a dint or a crease in the Card.

Social source share

If you send RM all the evidence then it's should be quite quick, at least it was for the couple I claimed for that were lost.  Not sure if this link will work, if it doesn't just searching for Royal Mail claim form will get you there, then at least you can see what you need to send them.

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/P58-Int-FINAL%20APRIL%2012_0_0.pdf

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi,

Yes or at least a Photograph of the Record and moreover the Packaging as it should show the damage, either a dint or a crease in the Card.

If you send RM all the evidence then it's should be quite quick, at least it was for the couple I claimed for that were lost.  Not sure if this link will work, if it doesn't just searching for Royal Mail claim form will get you there, then at least you can see what you need to send them.

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/P58-Int-FINAL%20APRIL%2012_0_0.pdf

Have got the form now.

Its says I need to provide proof of what I paid for the item, as opposed to

what I sold it to the buyer for ????????????.

How am i supposed to do that on a record i've had donkeys yonks.

Any suggestions anybody.

Kegsy

Social source share

Have got the form now.

Its says I need to provide proof of what I paid for the item, as opposed to

what I sold it to the buyer for ????????????.

How am i supposed to do that on a record i've had donkeys yonks.

Any suggestions anybody.

Kegsy

Just looked at the form in the link above, have I missed this?  Thought you just put the value you sold it for with the evidence to support.

Social source share

Tin hat on here but I've had this happen to me and although it wasn't a big amount I got the guy to return the disc before I refunded him, turned it wasn't the record I actually sold him, the one he returned was totally trashed vinyl wise and I would never sell a record in that condition, I refused to refund his money and never heard a peep from him about it after that....hmm :g:

Social source share

Hi,

I had a 45 "lost" going to the US.

As it was an Ebay sale i :

Filled in the PO form

Supplied the ebay listing number and details

Supplied the proof of posting

Copied the paypal payment

attached letter explaining the packing details including all markings etc.

and they paid out within 10 days ( cheque) for full amount and postage costs.

Edited by spook
Social source share

Tin hat on here but I've had this happen to me and although it wasn't a big amount I got the guy to return the disc before I refunded him, turned it wasn't the record I actually sold him, the one he returned was totally trashed vinyl wise and I would never sell a record in that condition, I refused to refund his money and never heard a peep from him about it after that....hmm :g:

Did that happen on here, because I've heard of that trick being played on someone with a sale via this forum about 4 or 5 months ago

Social source share

Is it worth the effort ?

Kegsy

Seller claims

Proof of posting

pref also photo of packaging

Claim up to £30.

Seller compensates buyer

Good luck,  :thumbsup:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Kegsy if I were you, refund the guy and then just forget about it, I know it's annoying but £15 at the end of the day isn't £150, just mark it off as an unfortunate episode.  

have already sent buyer a replacement record, i had 3 copies.

kegsy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can assure you it wasn't me!!!

Do they refund the cost of returning the damaged goods too? That's either more expense for them or more loss for the claimant.

I can't believe that they want them back when the photo's are so self-explanitory!

Dave

That's the whole point Dave, it just may not be the record that was sent.

Social source share

Who's gonna crack a minter like this for a small claim !

I know where you're coming from though, and at the end of the day, it's all down to the integrity of the buyer and seller.

As mentioned above, Kegsy's been a top guy on this & I'm sure we'll get a resolution one way or another

One thing's for sure though, I won't be playing it tonight as planned!

Dave

That's the whole point Dave, it just may not be the record that was sent.

Social source share

I'm the buyer on this broken record situation, and just want to give Kegsy a great feedback for his handling of this situation! First class service and reaction!

Cheers

Dave

Trust it be you Dave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :huh:

It's that Bettye Swan i liked too :(

You can't play it @ the White Barn tonight then  :facepalm:

C U 2nite m8  :thumbsup: Kev

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Is it worth the effort ?

Kegsy

Having worked for them, I know how much of a pain in the arse they are :-( Haven't read the whole thread, so don't know if you put the value of the record on the front? Might be an idea to contact Eddie Hubbard on here as I believe he still currently works for RM, so may know the best way round it. If you get no joy, let me know, and I'll get in touch with one of my mates at Bedford P.O. to see the best way forward for you. Can't do it until Monday at the earliest though. 

Edited by Winnie :-)
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!