Outta Sight Label

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

my local record shop  gave up on trying to sell original soul 45s (not that he really had any northern) and now just has a big box of these outta sights and a few kent bits... I alway imagined they were legit as so many shops have them in in quantity, not that that means much i suppose.. The strangest thing he told me though is that they fly out. It seems all the northern fans round here just want the rare classics at a tenner each. He told me that one guy came in and nearly bought the lot. think he spent at least 50 to a 100 quid... which begs the question, if money isnt apparently an object, why not seek out those cheapish gems that are original??

Social source share

my local record shop  gave up on trying to sell original soul 45s (not that he really had any northern) and now just has a big box of these outta sights and a few kent bits... I alway imagined they were legit as so many shops have them in in quantity, not that that means much i suppose.. The strangest thing he told me though is that they fly out. It seems all the northern fans round here just want the rare classics at a tenner each. He told me that one guy came in and nearly bought the lot. think he spent at least 50 to a 100 quid... which begs the question, if money isnt apparently an object, why not seek out those cheapish gems that are original??

I think, taken as a collection, these Outtasite releases are amongst the best UK releases ever.  In fact, disregard 'amongst', they are the best series ever.  Better than Grapevine, Kent, even Stateside.  In my opinion, obviously.

Social source share

and as opposed to boots, especially the older ones, i think, and its only a guess, they go to the master tapes as all their stuff has good sound quality.. may even be mastered a little...

I thought the Fabulous apollos - honky Tonk woman sounds different to the original. The instruments are clearer, albeit mine is a fairly battered copy.

Mike

Edited by mikeysoul
Social source share

I thought the Fabulous apollos - honky Tonk woman sounds different to the original. The instruments are clearer, albeit mine is a fairly battered copy.

Mike

generally speaking all cd comps ive listened to, even the generic 'northern soul best of' full of classics all have top notch quality audio and i cant imagine theyve just recorded a bit of vinyl.. for example the cleethorpes cd sounds great and i can very likely imagine all master tapes would have been used and mastered for the format, yet what i cant get my head around is the cheaper end comps; then again i suppose they just nick the music from another cd...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!