Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

AlanB

Tamla Motown Modern Pack - Why So Expensive?

Can anyone advise what's pushing up the price of this pack, currently £221 for 10 late 70s/early 80s Tamla Motown UK releases:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Batch-of-10-7-inch-Singles-Tamla-Motown-Records-TMG-Series-/190803854036?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2c6ccbc2d4

Obviously I'm missing something, because If I had seen any of the records in a charity shop, I wouldn't have bought them! 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AlanB

when i saw this thread i immediatley thought about the syreeta.....and its in there.....still not worth that kind of money although some do collect demo`s from this period and theres 3 in there though individuallly only worth a fiver each

i heard there were only 50 syreeta ever made making it probably the rarest ever uk motown ,

so for people who collect uk motown singles it's a must have isn't it.

it only takes two people with a few bob to spot this and the price will take off,

Joe.

ps. i sold mine for £180 a few years back

i bought it in a box of 100+ all mint- motown it had syreeta and the  bobby womack / so many sides of you p/s ( sold that for £100 )

AMONG OTHERS AND THE NUMBER 1000=TMG / KIM WESTON / MARVELETTES which i'm keeping.

never thought much of the syreeta apart from it's rareness,

Well Joe you did well - even Manship only got £177 when he auctioned it. Mine cost £75 from an SS member.

It seems to be creeping up in price.  Sales on Popsike:  £84 (2009), £123 (2011), £194 (2012). 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts