S.o.s. (Soul On Saturday) Northern & Modern 45S For Sale

Hi, Soul Lovers, here's a list of Northern and Modern Soul sevens for your consideration. If there's anything here that you'd like to buy then please either post us a Reply or phone 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve. Thanks for taking the time to look.

1. Got To See My Baby / Get It Jerk - FRANKIE COE & THE MIGHTY SOUL MESSENGERS (Big City)........VG++...........Two great sides, "Got To See" being a very unusual blend of Northern and ska, while t'flip "Get It Jerk" is breakbeat funk with raw, passionate vocals bestowing it with more class than its title promises............£25

2. We Got Togetherness / Secret Doors To Secret Places - JIMMY THOMAS (Smoke City).......topside's NOT the stomping Jewels tune but a lovely Modern Room dancer that hardly gets a spin but fully deserves to. Produced by Ian Levine, you almost know what to expect beat-wise but not so on this occasion as it all turns out quite classily. Flip's more of a belt-along Ian-style Northern Soul creation.....Mint-.........£10

3. If He Makes You - NOLAN CHANCE (Constellation)..........VG++.............£25

4. Gonna Need Magic - THE STAR-TREKS (Veep demo)..........VG++.....£100

5. Don't Go Away - RENALDO DOMINO (Blue Rock)..........Mint-........£35

6. I Got What You Need - KIM WESTON (MGM demo / picture sleeve)........Mint-.....people forget this WAS a big spin at one time and remains a class Northern Soul dancer yet.......£25

7. He's Coming Home - BEVERLY ANN (RCA demo)...........VG++.........£90

9. I Don't Want You No More - MINZI BERRY (Score)........VG++......a really powerful-sounding Northern dancer, true quality if played alongside big rarities in other folks' boxes, will not let you down.........£90

10. That Same Old Feeling - THE VOLUMES (Impact)..........VG++.......a rare issue copy of very classy mid-tempo Northern Soul dancer that steps along at a married-man's pace...........£220

11. There Is - THE DELLS (Cadet)..........VG++.........£12

12. Sister James - NINO TEMPO (A&M)........VG++........£10

13. You're A Gas With Your Trash - THE FOUR PENNIES (Brunswick)........Mint-........£20

14. I'm a Teardrop - THE JERMS (Honour Brigade).........VG++.......one of them under-played Northern oldies that you know but can't remember where you last heard it, would take off if played out again.....£30

15. There'll Come A Time, There'll Come a Day - BASIC, BLACK & PEARL (Polydor demo)......VG++.....£55

16. It's Got To Be Now Or Never - LITTLE DOOLEY (North Bay)..........smooth Philly crossover dancer..........VG++.............£20

17. Open Up The Safe - LE TRE FEMME (20th Century Fox demo)..........VG++.......full potential on this great female Northern dancer not been realised yet, but it's there all right!...........£35

18. Take Your Time And Love Me - GROVER MITCHELL (Josie)............VG++.........£35

19. You Get Next To My Heart - CHRIS BARTLEY (Vando).........Mint-........again an under-rated tune, possibley as some may think it a bit too bouncy (ie, poppy) to be spun but it's Bartley's best on a lovely Van McCoy production......£10

20. Under The Pines - WILLIE HOBBS (Soft)..........VG++.......mid-tempo R&B lilter...........£10

21. I Must Be Losing You - MARION STEWART ("R" demo).........mid-tempo Northern Soul Beat Ballad of the VERY HIGHEST ORDER, it'll be well-loved anywhere its played...........Mint-.......£250

22. You Get Your Kicks - MITCH RYDER & THE DETROIT WHEELS (New Voice)...........VG++.....£25

23. At The Top Of The Stairs - THE FORMATIONS (MGM).........Mint-.......£20

24. Stay Mine For Heaven's Sake - EDDIE HOLMAN (Parkway)........VG++..........£20

25. I Wish You The World Of Happiness - SHIRLEY TURNER (Beatin Rhythm white demo).......Mint-......£20

Tickets for the Ritz Revival mini-All Nighter on Easter Sunday 31st March are now available at £11.50p each. Running time is 5.00 pm Easter Sunday 'til 3.30 am Bank Holiday Monday.

Many thanks indeed for looking through the list. Hope everyone is in for a great weekend whether on the dance scene, sports scene, pub scene or all three. Best of luck whatever you're up to,

Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Edited by Beatin
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now