Linda Lyndell I Don't Know 45 Pressing?

Guest antcole

Guest antcole

Hello everyone,

Whilst out digging earlier, I found a copy of the 7" Linda Lyndel "I don't know". It wasn't the blue label with "what a man" on side A, the label was white and it had the song "I dont know" on the flip side as well !  

Anyone know anything about this pressing? I've never come across it before...

Many thanks

Ant

post-28639-0-25427100-1363454495_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest antcole

hmmm thats what I was thinking. it's just strange that both sides are exactly the same song...not even an instrumental

never came across this 1 before...wonder how many were pressed

Social source share

hmmm thats what I was thinking. it's just strange that both sides are exactly the same song...not even an instrumental

never came across this 1 before...wonder how many were pressed

No they often put the same song on both sides of a record, it's to make sure that the right song gets plugged.  And of course there are often stereo/mono versions of the same song back to back.

Social source share

Strange though because the flip of the issue "What A Man" also came out a double-sided promo with the same number

https://www.popsike.com/linda-lyndell-rare-soul-funk-mod-break-on-VOLT-listen/190368474794.html

They often promo'd different sides in different areas...  putting the same track on both sides ensured that only one side of the 45 was considered for promotion.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

They often promo'd different sides in different areas...  putting the same track on both sides ensured that only one side of the 45 was considered for promotion.

Hokey dokey   :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!