Todmorden All-dayers 26 Oct 80

Remember those all-dayers in that club on the top of that hill in Todmorden. All the top DJs of the day played there Searling etc. post-1224-1147618950.jpg In those days we travelled virtually everywhere on public transport and walked the long climb up the hill. Me in dufflecoat in disguise, wearing a full length leather coat would always attract too much attention I always thought. As usual I was always going in the wrong direction. I still hang out with Kyle Magill on the left. post-1224-1147619194.jpg

Blimey the long lasting power of friendships - Big Mick from Bradford on the left, Kyle in the centre and me on the right. (Stylists note hair shaved above ear) . I was out with these two at Lowton on Friday. post-1224-1147620939.jpg

Think of all the records that have been through the hands of these DJs & collectors - Tony Coleby, Guy H, Tim Finch and Gary Rushbrooke. post-1224-1147621246.jpg

onwards, derek

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Remember those all-dayers in that club on the top of that hill in Todmorden. All the top DJs of the day played there Searling etc. post-1224-1147618950.jpg In those days we travelled virtually everywhere on public transport and walked the long climb up the hill. Me in dufflecoat in disguise, wearing a full length leather coat would always attract too much attention I always thought. As usual I was always going in the wrong direction. I still hang out with Kyle Magill on the left. post-1224-1147619194.jpg

Blimey the long lasting power of friendships - Big Mick from Bradford on the left, Kyle in the centre and me on the right. (Stylists note hair shaved above ear) . I was out with these two at Lowton on Friday. post-1224-1147620939.jpg

Think of all the records that have been through the hands of these DJs & collectors - Tony Coleby, Guy H, Tim Finch and Gary Rushbrooke. post-1224-1147621246.jpg

onwards, derek

I hated that hill,is that a young Hovis with dicky and the future mrs Bicknell in front of guy & gary

Regards Salmon

Social source share

'soulsalmon' date='May 15 2006, 01:31 PM' post='290175'] I hated that hill,is that a young Hovis with dicky and the future mrs Bicknell in front of guy & gary

Regards Salmon

That is indeed the future Jacqui Bicknell in front of Guy and Gary but it's not Hovis - it's a young me, probably gazing in wonderment as Richard lines up the Combinations and the COD's back to back!

He's probably laughing at my hair.

Happy days Derek - thanks for the post.

Social source share

That is indeed the future Jacqui Bicknell in front of Guy and Gary but it's not Hovis - it's a young me, probably gazing in wonderment as Richard lines up the Combinations and the COD's back to back!

He's probably laughing at my hair.

Happy days Derek - thanks for the post.

how are you doing tim,still have some of your stuff with your name scratched in the run out grooves,

Regards Salmon :lol:

how are you doing tim,still have some of your stuff with your name scratched in the run out grooves,

Regards Salmon :thumbsup:

did dicky cover you up as hovis shades.gif
Social source share

Guest ZTSC

onwards, derek

Thats Sue from Hebden Bridge - never changed - or Jackie Green

Kev J

Sue if you're looking at this - Get t' Wilton on Friday !!!

Social source share

Ey up Salmon - hope you're okay. Do you want to sell them back for the same price? I'll buy you a pint for looking after 'em! :wicked:
I'm fine Tim ,hope you are ,i found a small box of about40 in the loftduring a house move,totally forgottenabout !,flicked thru & found your old ronnie savoyan a couple of things on blue cat,sorry but im hanging to em ,their all iv'e got left northern wise .Nice to hear from ,take care.Salmon :shades:
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jolly

i can remember coming down to the alldayer. in a bus from edinburgh. bruce hanning was djing from scotland. richard and ginger were playing. remember a small venue, small dance floor, and 60 scots all the worse for ware :( having a fantastic time. think me managed to get our coach about 3/4 of the way up that hill and walked the rest, can remember great atmosphere all day, the game of football outside. (thinks we scotland won 10 - 0 :unsure:

and a terrible journey home. :( still have the occasional flash back of that alldayer at the top of a hill. and smile

Edited by Jolly
Social source share

Guest ZTSC

i can remember coming down to the alldayer. in a bus from edinburgh. bruce hanning was djing from scotland. richard and ginger were playing. remember a small venue, small dance floor, and 60 scots all the worse for ware :( having a fantastic time. think me managed to get our coach about 3/4 of the way up that hill and walked the rest, can remember great atmosphere all day, the game of football outside. (thinks we scotland won 10 - 0 :unsure:

and a terrible journey home. :( still have the occasional flash back of that alldayer at the top of a hill. and smile

Jolly ,

That was a cracking day - I remember the match as well and I'm not surprised it was 10 -0 the state we were in . Bruce playing Sam and Kitty (as usual) - Aye lad , good days indeed .

Kev

Social source share

Guest Jolly

Jolly ,

That was a cracking day - I remember the match as well and I'm not surprised it was 10 -0 the state we were in . Bruce playing Sam and Kitty (as usual) - Aye lad , good days indeed .

Kev

WHEN YOU COMING UP MR J ?????

DARREN AND CAROLINE ARE COMING UP IN SEPTEMBER

GET YOUR ASS UP HEAR, :unsure:

Social source share

Guest ZTSC

WHEN YOU COMING UP MR J ?????

DARREN AND CAROLINE ARE COMING UP IN SEPTEMBER

GET YOUR ASS UP HEAR, :unsure:

I'll be there - deffo

Kev

Social source share

Guest ZTSC

Hello Jolly,I will drag him up with me hopefully in sept.Give my regards to Shaz and the gang.

Nice one Wally smile.gif

Will you drag me Screamin and Kickin or Bumpin N Stompin ! :)

See you soon

Edited by ZTSC
Social source share

That is indeed the future Jacqui Bicknell in front of Guy and Gary but it's not Hovis - it's a young me, probably gazing in wonderment as Richard lines up the Combinations and the COD's back to back! Happy days Derek - thanks for the post.

Tim - always wondered if that was you stood next to Searling on the decks and now we know it was. In the bar shot you're 2nd from the right wearing a cream top - whats going on here then - you changed clothes? The plot thickens....

derek

and yes all the photos were taken on the same day - I checked.

Social source share

Tim - always wondered if that was you stood next to Searling on the decks and now we know it was. In the bar shot you're 2nd from the right wearing a cream top - whats going on here then - you changed clothes? The plot thickens....

derek

and yes all the photos were taken on the same day - I checked.

Was that your school duffle coat Derek whistling.gif
Social source share

Hello Derek. Same day - are you sure? I'd have said I was well past the 'taking a change of clothes' stage by then!

Having said that we did sometimes used to stay over in Skipton the night before a Tod so I suppose it's possible I had a selection of outfits with me whistling.gif

Social source share

Hello Derek. Same day - are you sure? I'd have said I was well past the 'taking a change of clothes' stage by then!

Having said that we did sometimes used to stay over in Skipton the night before a Tod so I suppose it's possible I had a selection of outfits with me :P

Lounge lizard ! whistling.gif
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!