Photos For Sue Bushby

Hi Sue - found these pics this aft and you're on all 3.

Well known Eric from Leeds in centre wearing red shirt - lads tell me he was the first person they ever knew that wore his shirt outside his trousers, nothing new these days but this was well over 20 years ago might even have been 30. post-1224-1147622600.jpg

Probably late 70s I guess taken outside the Norfolk Gardens as we all waited for the coach to go to Wigan. Directly behind you Sue (wearing grey jumper) is Kyle Magill whoes name/face crops up on loads of my photos. To your right was my future wife (now ex). Long leather coats were so fashionable then.post-1224-1147622977.jpg

Yep thats a young Mick Jack on the left sporting side burns, above everybodies head you can just about make out a sign for Scamps Buffet. Scamps was a well known Bradford night club of the late 70s.post-1224-1147623208.jpg

Right must mow the lawn before it starts to rain.

derek

Social source share

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 21
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well known Eric from Leeds in centre wearing red shirt - lads tell me he was the first person they ever knew that wore his shirt outside his trousers, nothing new these days but this was well over 20 years ago might even have been 30. post-1224-1147622600.jpg

Probably late 70s I guess taken outside the Norfolk Gardens as we all waited for the coach to go to Wigan. Directly behind you Sue (wearing grey jumper) is Kyle Magill whoes name/face crops up on loads of my photos. To your right was my future wife (now ex). Long leather coats were so fashionable then.post-1224-1147622977.jpg

Yep thats a young Mick Jack on the left sporting side burns, above everybodies head you can just about make out a sign for Scamps Buffet. Scamps was a well known Bradford night club of the late 70s.post-1224-1147623208.jpg

derek

Social source share

derek

Social source share

• 4 months later...

BLIMEY THAT RANG A BELL, "SUE BUSHBY", IS SHE STILL ON SCENE? WONDER IF SHE REMEMBERS THE CROWD FROM GOOLE; SPOT BOTTOMLEY, GARY "WOODY" WOOD, BARRIE"CORNY"CORNTHWAITE, GAIL WOOD(MY WIFE NOW), ANDREA SMITH & "MIDDY" MIDDLETON. I STILL HAVE THE ST CHRISTOPHER SUE GAVE ME IN THE EARLY 70`S.

HEY YOUR ALSO MENTIONED IN A BOOK I`VE GOT SUE, ALWAYS KNEW YOU`D BE FAMOUS.

ERIC SMITH WAS STILL AROUND TILL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT I`M TOLD HE`S A BIT OF A RECLUSE NOW (DON`T KNOW HOW TRUE) & HIS MATE JOHN "WOCKO" WATKINSON WAS MY BEST MAN BUT I`VE NOT SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE.

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU SUE(IF YOUR OUT THERE) & ANY OF THE LEEDS OR YORK LOT OR ANYONE WHO CAN REMEMBER US.

PETE (SPOT) BOTTOMLEY. :D

Edited by spot
Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest mooma

BLIMEY THAT RANG A BELL, "SUE BUSHBY", IS SHE STILL ON SCENE? WONDER IF SHE REMEMBERS THE CROWD FROM GOOLE; SPOT BOTTOMLEY, GARY "WOODY" WOOD, BARRIE"CORNY"CORNTHWAITE, GAIL WOOD(MY WIFE NOW), ANDREA SMITH & "MIDDY" MIDDLETON. I STILL HAVE THE ST CHRISTOPHER SUE GAVE ME IN THE EARLY 70`S.

HEY YOUR ALSO MENTIONED IN A BOOK I`VE GOT SUE, ALWAYS KNEW YOU`D BE FAMOUS.

ERIC SMITH WAS STILL AROUND TILL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT I`M TOLD HE`S A BIT OF A RECLUSE NOW (DON`T KNOW HOW TRUE) & HIS MATE JOHN "WOCKO" WATKINSON WAS MY BEST MAN BUT I`VE NOT SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE.

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU SUE(IF YOUR OUT THERE) & ANY OF THE LEEDS OR YORK LOT OR ANYONE WHO CAN REMEMBER US.

PETE (SPOT) BOTTOMLEY. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mooma

Hiya Spot

Just found your message on the site!!! HOW ARE YOU ALL MATE?? Was only thinking of you lot the other day? How is your mum and family? Hell remember when we went to se R Dean Taylor at the Vikings in the 70's in Goole?

My email addy is suebfd@hotmail.com get in touch would be great to hear from you

sue bushby

Social source share

Guest SteveHildegard

Is that lady on the far right called Leila or was it Leela ? I'm not to sure

img-resized.png Reduced 91%post-1224-1147622600.jpg 1556 x 1064 (358.84K)//

It could be outside the Norfolk gardens if I vaguely remember. We use to get the coach there to travel to Wigan..that's very true. I would get on the coach with my girlfriend Hildegard ( now 28yrs married ) in Georges Square Halifax. We always had her mate Baggy tagging alomg with us...she was a great laugh though.I was from Bratfud and Hildegard was from fax ( Sowerby Bridge ) I was there a lot of the time. To the left of Sue bushby is Carol Atkinson..she was Mick Jacks girlfriend for a few years. To the right is lil Maxine Defury in the leather coat.At the back waving is Romano, a very good mate of mine at the time.How could I forget my bestman at our wedding Martin Carroll. Sue was the cheif Bridesmaid..Carol Atkinsons granddad took the wedding pics :lol: As you've probably noticed..we were FAMILY :no:

img-resized.png Reduced 91%post-1224-1147622977.jpg 1556 x 1064 (188.9K)//

From left to right Mick Jack..one person unknown..Martin Carroll..Sue Bushby...Dave Bland ( who unfortunately died I believe )..... and last but not least Pete Dawson..a good mate of kev Kelletts at the time. Pete was always a snappy dresser. I remember me and him going to see a girlfriend of his whos dad had a haulage company up five lane ends. he dumped her real quick..she hated NS and Pete soon got rid :lol:

img-resized.png Reduced 91%post-1224-1147623208.jpg 1556 x 1064 (251.35K)//

Steve and Hildegard ( Hamlin Germany )

Social source share

• 2 years later...
Guest miss nancy

It could be outside the Norfolk gardens if I vaguely remember. We use to get the coach there to travel to Wigan..that's very true. I would get on the coach with my girlfriend Hildegard ( now 28yrs married ) in Georges Square Halifax. We always had her mate Baggy tagging alomg with us...she was a great laugh though.I was from Bratfud and Hildegard was from fax ( Sowerby Bridge ) I was there a lot of the time. To the left of Sue bushby is Carol Atkinson..she was Mick Jacks girlfriend for a few years. To the right is lil Maxine Defury in the leather coat.At the back waving is Romano, a very good mate of mine at the time.How could I forget my bestman at our wedding Martin Carroll. Sue was the cheif Bridesmaid..Carol Atkinsons granddad took the wedding pics :D As you've probably noticed..we were FAMILY :yes:

From left to right Mick Jack..one person unknown..Martin Carroll..Sue Bushby...Dave Bland ( who unfortunately died I believe )..... and last but not least Pete Dawson..a good mate of kev Kelletts at the time. Pete was always a snappy dresser. I remember me and him going to see a girlfriend of his whos dad had a haulage company up five lane ends. he dumped her real quick..she hated NS and Pete soon got rid :yes:

Hi, I have been searching for some old photos and come across yours with me and my good friend Gillian Sutcliffe waiting outside the Norfolk Gardens for the coach to Wigan, Steve used to live near us when we were young and his mum told my mum that I went to these all night dances and I got in soooooo much trouble as I was only 15, 16. I remember you had got married and moved to Germany. Hope you are all ok, I am now married with a 19 year old daughter and 15 year old boy/girl twins, so lovely to see old friends, carol and mick, kyle etc. much love to you both, nancyxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

derek

The girl with the blond hair holding cigarette upwards is Caraline from Ashby de a Zouch,her sister is with Derick Mead see you both at the wedding regards Gilly and Nicola

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DonnaDent

derek

Bloody hell !!!! I'm not on any of these, but I remember those meetings well, Grampian Grill the bar was called, Sue, you get everywher love xx

Social source share

derek

Derek

Middle photo - although I hadn't met any of the Bradford 'crew' at that time I'm thinking that the arm coming in from the right belongs to Jimmy Nolan - would that be about right?

Mick

P.S. Are you going to Stafford in April?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

derek

Had some good times in Selby with Erick and at Nighters anyone know what he up these days

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Had some good times in Selby with Erick and at Nighters anyone know what he up these days

He was round here(our house) a couple of years ago,not seen him since.

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

Derek

Middle photo - although I hadn't met any of the Bradford 'crew' at that time I'm thinking that the arm coming in from the right belongs to Jimmy Nolan - would that be about right?

Mick

P.S. Are you going to Stafford in April?

Hi, you mentioned Jimmy Nolan, wondered if you had any contact details for him? He married a friend of mine - Alison Earnshaw (name at the time) but I have lost touch with them both? Thanx

Social source share

Hi, you mentioned Jimmy Nolan, wondered if you had any contact details for him? He married a friend of mine - Alison Earnshaw (name at the time) but I have lost touch with them both? Thanx

Miss Nancy

I saw Alison towards the middle of last year (around April I think) but haven't seen Jimmy. They split up around Christmas 2008 hence the reason why Alison was on her own. I believe that she's moved out of Yorkshire but Jimmy's still in Bradford. You could try sending a PM to Debbie Butler 'cos I think she'll know a bit more info & may be able to put you in touch.

Mick

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

Miss Nancy

I saw Alison towards the middle of last year (around April I think) but haven't seen Jimmy. They split up around Christmas 2008 hence the reason why Alison was on her own. I believe that she's moved out of Yorkshire but Jimmy's still in Bradford. You could try sending a PM to Debbie Butler 'cos I think she'll know a bit more info & may be able to put you in touch.

Mick

Hi,

Ok, sorry to hear they have split up. Thanks.

Social source share

• 2 years later...
Guest manusf3a

It could be outside the Norfolk gardens if I vaguely remember. We use to get the coach there to travel to Wigan..that's very true. I would get on the coach with my girlfriend Hildegard ( now 28yrs married ) in Georges Square Halifax. We always had her mate Baggy tagging alomg with us...she was a great laugh though.I was from Bratfud and Hildegard was from fax ( Sowerby Bridge ) I was there a lot of the time. To the left of Sue bushby is Carol Atkinson..she was Mick Jacks girlfriend for a few years. To the right is lil Maxine Defury in the leather coat.At the back waving is Romano, a very good mate of mine at the time.How could I forget my bestman at our wedding Martin Carroll. Sue was the cheif Bridesmaid..Carol Atkinsons granddad took the wedding pics biggrin.gif As you've probably noticed..we were FAMILY :rolleyes:

From left to right Mick Jack..one person unknown..Martin Carroll..Sue Bushby...Dave Bland ( who unfortunately died I believe )..... and last but not least Pete Dawson..a good mate of kev Kelletts at the time. Pete was always a snappy dresser. I remember me and him going to see a girlfriend of his whos dad had a haulage company up five lane ends. he dumped her real quick..she hated NS and Pete soon got rid :thumbup:

That Blonde haired Girl is Caroline my good mate Mick Gavin r.i.p from wellingborough used to have a fair old crush on her,I was just thinking about her the other day,really nice girl.
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Nick Harrison

Hey up everybody, this reply relates only to the first photo Derek posted and not the other 2 below it !!

Yes that is "Leela" in the green outfit - so spot on to Steve and Hildegard as your post 7 :thumbsup: .

Seems to be some confusion about the other blonde girl - it's Shirley Ann (Brian Waterhouse's girlfriend at the time) stood next to Leela !!!

Photo circa 1979

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Yes that is "Leela" in the green outfit - so spot on to Steve and Hildegard as your post 7 :thumbsup: .

Seems to be some confusion about the other blonde girl - it's Shirley Ann (Brian Waterhouse's girlfriend at the time) stood next to Leela !!!

Photo circa 1979

Sorry to say you are wrong, it is definately Caroline from Ashby as Gilly stated, I've known her for more than 30 years and though I haven't seen her for a few years now I would know her anywhere, as we used to spend a lot of time together

She also happens to be one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure and honour of calling a friend

Gary Wade

Edited by muckyherbert
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Sorry to say you are wrong, it is definately Caroline from Ashby as Gilly stated, I've known her for more than 30 years and though I haven't seen her for a few years now I would know her anywhere, as we used to spend a lot of time together

She also happens to be one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure and honour of calling a friend

Gary Wade

I am with you on this one mate,I did know her fairly well at one time and that photograph is unmistakable,yes you are right she was a really nice girl,I dont really know that other girl sue but loking at that photo it does sort of stir the memory a bit and I do remember her coming over when I was talking to Caroline at st ives and she introduced her I do remember she was verbaling a lot something about something she thought shed lost from her purse?.Anyway you got there first as I was going to post on this,My good freind mick Gavin r.i.p used to really fancy Caroline back in the day and at one time used to spend a good few hours chatting to her(I reckon he must of been among the many who did fancy her as she was so nice as well as being very good looking).Anyway I would say unless she has a double thats Caroline from ashby de la in that first photograph.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!