Dorothy Beery - Soul Power-Big Three

Patto

Had this record for a while--DOROTHY BEERY--DONT YOU GIVE ME LOVE--BIG THREE

Always lked it right up my street uptempo Northern soul with an R&B twist.But recently a mate suggested i play the flip SOUL POWER and WOW what a nice surprise .Its a more of a mid tempo track,but a great intro, nice beat , and hook lyric "My baby gives to me SOUL POWER"

Has Soul Power ever had any DJ or Venue spins at any time or will it stay hidden from the Needle like so so many others

Patto

post-8522-0-48565400-1363531411_thumb.jp

Social source share

That is a great single.

I always wondered if Dorothy Beery was also Dorothy Berry (on Planetary)? Both have that big raspy voice... just a thought. 

the planetary record is LA, this record is Chicago. dorothy berry in LA was in a lot of girl groups, she was married to richard berry. I think this record is her though. Adding to the confusion is Dorothie Berrie and the African Bag All Stars on USA, which has Big Black's (uni) publishing on it. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Had this record for a while--DOROTHY BEERY--DONT YOU GIVE ME LOVE--BIG THREE

Always lked it right up my street uptempo Northern soul with an R&B twist.But recently a mate suggested i play the flip SOUL POWER and WOW what a nice surprise .Its a more of a mid tempo track,but a great intro, nice beat , and hook lyric "My baby gives to me SOUL POWER"

Has Soul Power ever had any DJ or Venue spins at any time or will it stay hidden from the Needle like so so many others

Patto

..i had a copy late 70's..played it locally (Skegness)..didnt do much..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!