Peed Off With Ebay

Swifty

About a month ago I sold a record on ebay to a bloke in Belgium , and after a week he was chasing delivery , which is fair enough but it did state that Royal Mail Air mail should arrive within 10-12 days , so there was still plenty of time for it to arrive . I posted it the same day he paid for it ,so I emailed him to say it was still within the delivery guidelines and should be with him within a few days.

The estimated delivery date was 22nd Feb , of which I informed him, He then put a none delivery claim against me on the 22nd FFS!

I emailed him back and said something along the lines of , 'Hey up mate give it a day or two , I can't control the delivery system.

well just had an email saying they (Paypal/Ebay) have found in the favour of the buyer and have given him the £24.50 back.

Now I presumed wrongly , that Royal Mail Airmail was trackable so did'nt send recorded , so with the £15 it cost me to buy I'm £40 out of fookin pocket. I've been ebaying bits for the last 2-3 years and never had a problem until this year when I've had 2.

The other was a bloke in Spain won 5 records off me and never paid for them , even after numerous emails , so pressumably I've been charged for selling them even though I didn't. plus a fellow member on here pm'd me about the same buyer who he'd had problems with paying but eventually did, but not me !

Bastards !!! :boxing:

Sorry about the rant but as you may of guessed it's pissed me of , it's hard enough making a couple of quid nowadays , let alone being stitched up by people.

Trouble is everything seems stacked against the seller ! (I'm also a buyer)

Thanks for listening , it was easier doing this than talking to the wife about it , if you know what I mean :wink:

Pissed off from Louth

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

If you hav non payment you can file this with eBay and you won't get charged for the auction.

As for non arrival I would say that is what the guy was going to do from the start, so you were at a lss as soon as he won it. As for 12 days I once had a record arrive 5 months after it was posted from America. You have no control over the postal system. You could try to claim back from the post office for lost parcel. I wouldn't sell to anyone in Belgium unless you know them to be good buyers.

Social source share

If you hav non payment you can file this with eBay and you won't get charged for the auction.

As for non arrival I would say that is what the guy was going to do from the start, so you were at a lss as soon as he won it. As for 12 days I once had a record arrive 5 months after it was posted from America. You have no control over the postal system. You could try to claim back from the post office for lost parcel. I wouldn't sell to anyone in Belgium unless you know them to be good buyers.

Cheers Mark , I thought it strange that he was making an issue of delivery even before it was due for delivery and thought the same .

Cheers

Social source share

Always send sign for or special delivery it just ain't worth the hassle or worry, then if things  do go wrong you have proof of sending, I always do even if it costs me a couple of quid out of the sale it's bloody cheaper than if you have to refund.

Daft thing is Mark , I thought Royal Mail Airmail was traceable ? Next time eh?

Cheers

Social source share

I wouldn't a ship to Europe unless it was sent internationally signed for. Too many in certain countries scamming sellers, claiming the records never arrive.

Chalky , must admit that when I saw he was from Belgium I was a bit nervous, I'm sorry to those totally honest people from Belgium I'm not tarring everybody with the same brush :no: .

Cheers

Social source share

Chalky , must admit that when I saw he was from Belgium I was a bit nervous, I'm sorry to those totally honest people from Belgium I'm not tarring everybody with the same brush :no: .

Cheers

You don't no them mate, or the vast majority you don't so why would you trust them?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

About a month ago I sold a record on ebay to a bloke in Belgium , and after a week he was chasing delivery , which is fair enough but it did state that Royal Mail Air mail should arrive within 10-12 days , so there was still plenty of time for it to arrive . I posted it the same day he paid for it ,so I emailed him to say it was still within the delivery guidelines and should be with him within a few days.

The estimated delivery date was 22nd Feb , of which I informed him, He then put a none delivery claim against me on the 22nd FFS!

I emailed him back and said something along the lines of , 'Hey up mate give it a day or two , I can't control the delivery system.

well just had an email saying they (Paypal/Ebay) have found in the favour of the buyer and have given him the £24.50 back.

Now I presumed wrongly , that Royal Mail Airmail was trackable so did'nt send recorded , so with the £15 it cost me to buy I'm £40 out of fookin pocket. I've been ebaying bits for the last 2-3 years and never had a problem until this year when I've had 2.

The other was a bloke in Spain won 5 records off me and never paid for them , even after numerous emails , so pressumably I've been charged for selling them even though I didn't. plus a fellow member on here pm'd me about the same buyer who he'd had problems with paying but eventually did, but not me !

Bastards !!! :boxing:

Sorry about the rant but as you may of guessed it's pissed me of , it's hard enough making a couple of quid nowadays , let alone being stitched up by people.

Trouble is everything seems stacked against the seller ! (I'm also a buyer)

Thanks for listening , it was easier doing this than talking to the wife about it , if you know what I mean :wink:

Pissed off from Louth

DOES HE SELL AS WELL I'LL BUY SOME THING OFF HIM AND FILE A CLAIM AND GIVE YOU IT 

KEV

SEND HERCULE POIROT ROUND

• Helpful 1
Social source share

if that guy in belgium was buggin you after a week it looks like he intended to mug you from the off,,,, the problem i`m having at the moment is people not paying on ebay. ive got non payment strikes on a couple but how long do i leave it till i can relist the items

Dave , the Spanish guy that didn't pay me , I thought I had loads of time , so like a daft Tw*t I kept thinking he would pay and in the end, when I was going to give him negative feedback , I couldn't because it's now 30 days and I thought it was 60 DOH!!!

Hope you sort yours mate or we can all hire a minibus and go visiting ! :wicked:  and have a few beers , eh?

Social source share

Dave , the Spanish guy that didn't pay me , I thought I had loads of time , so like a daft Tw*t I kept thinking he would pay and in the end, when I was going to give him negative feedback , I couldn't because it's now 30 days and I thought it was 60 DOH!!!

Hope you sort yours mate or we can all hire a minibus and go visiting ! :wicked:  and have a few beers , eh?

definately pete....this guy bought  £50 worth   16 days ago....sent him a reminder after 7 days then another after 13 days and ive heard nothing..so this morning i must have got out of bed the wrong side and i thought  f##k him so opened a case up .why do people thunk its ok to buy stuff and think they can leave it 7/10/14 days before paying without at least lettin the seller know

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I always make sure I've got funds and pay straight away , hey and I've got limited funds (the Mrs. makes sure of that :yes: ) Basically my paypal account is my wallet , i.e. if I sell a few then I've got funds to buy a few, that's how it works for me anyway.

The thing is with costs , postage , time and packaging it sometimes makes me think is it fooking worth it?

Had me Dinner now and a couple of vinos , so chilling a bit! Still want to tw@t 'em though :wicked:

and maybe matey boys record never got there and I'm being unfair?

Swifty :wink:

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

I always make sure I've got funds and pay straight away , hey and I've got limited funds (the Mrs. makes sure of that :yes: ) Basically my paypal account is my wallet , i.e. if I sell a few then I've got funds to buy a few, that's how it works for me anyway.

The thing is with costs , postage , time and packaging it sometimes makes me think is it fooking worth it?

Had me Dinner now and a couple of vinos , so chilling a bit! Still want to tw@t 'em though :wicked:

and maybe matey boys record never got there and I'm being unfair?

Swifty :wink:

Hey Swifty, When i sell on ebay all foriegn sales have to go signed for and is stated clearly in the listing i changed it to this after getting stung twice for more than £30

I lose out on a few bidders but who cares, The trouble with ebay is you cant see the customer and have to rely on the feedback system for judgment.

It's also a good job the majority of soulies are a good bunch

ATB

Garry

Social source share

Small comfort Swifty , but click on the link ' report buyer ' If he is a scammer , and a few report to Ebay they will eventually follow this up - 

Used that avenue myself on a few occasions - you don't get any refund via Paypal unless sent tracked - Just had over £100 refunded from a Brazilian scammer - good job I sent tracked , but still Paypal put a hold on the monies while investigating his devious little tricks.... :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Had coupla problems lately so I feel for you Swifty
All joking aside it is getting like tap dancing in a minefield and EB does FA about it except say
buyers are fab regardless of circumstances.
I'm thinking of just doing it for amusement - put it up, see what it goes for, then not bother to send the records.
Just send the geezer his money straight back. I'd hate to think they had to waste all that time emailing PP to get something for nothing.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There are problems with Royal Mail as well. Within the last 2 months 2 records dissapeared and  another two arrived after 6/7 weeks here in Germany from the UK (from the US it took 8 weeks for 4 records, one got missing )!!!! Now if I want to buy records ....even cheap ones ...from the UK or any other country, it's int. signed + tracking only + fast shipping ...!!!!

Edited by viphitman
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Swifty, sorry he never paid, feel a little bad as he paid me :(

Jed

No worries Jed , shit happens , glad you got yours though , trouble was I left it too long to give him chance to pay and when I decided to give him negative feedback for non payment it was too late , Doh!

Cheers

Social source share

No worries Jed , shit happens , glad you got yours though , trouble was I left it too long to give him chance to pay and when I decided to give him negative feedback for non payment it was too late , Doh!

Cheers

You wouldn't have been able to give him negative Swifty, you can only leave positive feedback for buyers, and even then if you leave a 'negative positive' they can remove it.  Sellers have no chance.

Social source share

You wouldn't have been able to give him negative Swifty, you can only leave positive feedback for buyers, and even then if you leave a 'negative positive' they can remove it.  Sellers have no chance.

So if a buyer pisses you about and you potentially lose a sale or sales because of them , there's buggar all you can do ? Definitely a buyers world then eh.

Social source share

Everyone who buys and sells on Ebay has a multitude of stories about the devious and dishonest people who populate the internet. The latest episode that got me all fired up was a guy that I sold a parcel of 50 records to who left me negative feedback and a message in pigeon English "All your records is damaged" then when I checked his feedback he had sold on 43 of them a week later and received positive feedback "records great A1 seller" what a twat!!! but you cannot get Ebay to rescind the negative.

Social source share

Everyone who buys and sells on Ebay has a multitude of stories about the devious and dishonest people who populate the internet. The latest episode that got me all fired up was a guy that I sold a parcel of 50 records to who left me negative feedback and a message in pigeon English "All your records is damaged" then when I checked his feedback he had sold on 43 of them a week later and received positive feedback "records great A1 seller" what a twat!!! but you cannot get Ebay to rescind the negative.

Now that is taking the p*ss :ohmy::boxing:

Social source share

You can follow up to the feedback that you left him if thats any use - like 'you said records were damaged then sold them yourself' sort of thing

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!