Blacka Flight Cases - 10/10

It has probably been mentioned on here before, but i thought i would give it a mention and let other record collectors know about Blacka flight cases...

I bought one a few weeks back and it's by far the best I have come across. They are very solid and offer great protection, they also look pretty good (as far as record boxes are concerned). The soft grip spring handle makes it comfortable and easy to carry too.

Another big advantage for me is the size in comparison the the simliar Swan flught case. The Blacka fight case states it holds 130 but with cardboad sleeves it actually hold around 108, which is perfect for DJ-ing. I'm sure if you prefer to carry more records when DJ-ing there will be a 200/300 alternative.

All in all very happy with it and consider it money well spent and i would recommend to anyone!

Here is a link to the Blacka FB page for anyone who wants to find out more information. I'm pretty sure they do fligt cases for decks and other things too, I looked at the web-site an the have 7 inch record storage cubes...worth checking out!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BlackaAcoustics?fref=ts

https://www.blackaacoustics.co.uk/

Hope this helps!

Callum

Social source share

Off topic, but 100 records for a 1 hour set should be enough (Dj should know vibe of the place, type of sounds and crowd before entering the room having spoke to promoter)!

Taking say 2-300 records usually ends up with people playing safe and going to their same reliable winning records.

Or worse still, playing an all over the shop set because they're trying to trawl through 300 records in between a 3 minute song.

100 records makes you think a bit harder, and that doesn't mean pre-planning a set

The blakka boxes are indeed top notch.

A box Callum described costs roughly £65-70 I think. You can have them custom built to whatever size and style you want, or their standard sizes if you don't wanna splash out too much.

For comfort and protection of your rare expensive and damn right precious vinyl it's a sound investment, and in my view a no brainer to have a good box

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!